• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
Sometimes better the devil you know.
Usually I would agree with you on that, but in this case I’m not so sure. Like is it possible to to be so useless that there’s a negative plot point on the chart?

Like someone can be useless. But can someone be less than useless? I feel like we are about to experience some Star Trek-like mirror universe phenomenon...

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Usually I would agree with you on that, but in this case I’m not so sure. Like is it possible to to be so useless that there’s a negative plot point on the chart?

Like someone can be useless. But can someone be less than useless? I feel like we are about to experience some Star Trek-like mirror universe phenomenon...
Less than useless = dangerous with simple tasks

trigger324

Reaction score
Most of Canada. She was a media type prior to this iirc in Ontario. A virtual unknown in the political world until recently.
Paul Martin had been in politics for decades before he took the seat as leader of the LPC
So, re-election it is for Prime Minister Trudeau, then!

MilEME09

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Last edited:

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Survey says... we've probably got a long, long way to go:

Harvard Business Review
Build Your Reputation as a Trustworthy Leader

People’s expectations and definition of trustworthiness are broadening for leaders, and it takes a lot to gain that trust. The author offers four research-based practices for leaders to master to earn and keep the trust of others. First, make your values clear, then make sure you’re living up to them. Second, treat others and their work with dignity. Third, determine when to be vulnerable and open and when to protect confidences. Finally, cultivate a sense of unity across your organization. In times of unprecedented uncertainty, it’s critical to earn and keep the trust of others every day. If you hope to enjoy a career of great influence and impact, start by cultivating a trustworthy reputation.

The findings of my 15-year longitudinal study of more than 3,200 leaders on organizational honesty for my book, To Be Honest: Lead with the Power of Truth, Justice, and Purpose, also show that to earn and keep trust, leaders must accept that reliability and integrity are merely table stakes. They don’t, on their own, earn you a reputation of being trustworthy. They may get you labeled as dependable or easy to work with, but to be trusted consistently requires more. If you want to be certain that the people you lead see you as trustworthy, here are four practices to master. My research revealed that if you do, you’ll be 16 times more likely to earn and keep the trust of others.

Build Your Reputation as a Trustworthy Leader

Kilted

Reaction score

Lt. General Rouleau has now stepped aside as VCDS, though he was already rotating out of that spot. But moving to medical leave, sounds like popping smoke till clear
I thought that that transition occurred in March?

coolintheshade

Reaction score
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I don't get it, how did they think this would go down? It's not like they aren't all really well recognized in the NCR to start with. Vance is a serial adulterer who basically just undermined the entire OP Honor program while abusing his authority over an extended period of time having inappropriate personal relationships with a subordinate. How else did they think it would be taken when they are publically hanging out with him? Even if the investigation doesn't find anything criminal, there is more than enough for pretty much anyone in uniform to be drummed out under an AR.

If he's your winger just have him over for a bbq or something. They are public figures, subject to public scrutiny. This send a message of public support for Vance, and just further reinforces the perception (reality?) that the GOFOs are a weird inner circle that are detached from reality. I don't get it. These are really smart people, and have been managing their public image for years.
Vance aka 'milfhunter' / 'bangbro'/'. LOL

RCR...'pass no fault' they say, does this hold true still in light of current event / status quo?

coolintheshade

Reaction score
So, you must have missed this:
Brennan claims there were threats of consequences, though not of physical violence, and she claims that she felt she could not say “no”
Bolded is akin to your supervisor / CoC bypassing you for career advancement / deployments / good PER ....all bad practices that you will be hard pressed to prove with facts, as opposed to if they physically assaulted you. So yeah, we all have seen and know how that works.

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
MGen Fortin is fighting back

Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin is challenging the federal government's decision to publicly terminate his secondment to lead Canada's vaccine logistics at the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).

Last month, the Department of National Defence issued a terse three-line statement late on a Friday saying that Maj.-Gen. Fortin would be leaving his post and his future would be decided by the acting chief of the defence staff.

Sources later told CBC News that a sexual misconduct allegation against Fortin had been raised that predated the start of Operation Honour in 2015 — the military's now-defunct campaign to stamp out inappropriate behaviour in the ranks.

Today, Fortin's lawyer filed an application for a judicial review of his removal from the PHAC post. The application argues that "Fortin was denied procedural fairness in the lead-up to the decision, which the respondents knew or ought to have known would have grave consequences on his life, reputation and career. More in link

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/dany...49ywjF7Cql7EE2_HcMe0kJPSqWTa7x_nRSpg5FL1nIgwY