• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
... who's his attorney?
Thomas Conway of Conway Baxter Wilson according to the now-official record @ the Federal Court ...
FortinFedCtScreenShot1.jpg
FortinFedCtScreenShot2.jpg
You can search here under the magic # T-957-21

Edited to add: Or you can check out the law firm's news release here:
Conway Baxter Wilson LLP/s.r.l. filed a Notice of Application for Judicial Review in the Federal Court of Canada on behalf of Major-General Dany Fortin. The Notice of Application relates to the decision to terminate and not reassign Major-General Fortin from his secondment at the Public Health Agency of Canada where he was serving as Vice President of Logistics and Operations for the COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout Task Force.

The Notice of Application is premised on three main issues: (1) the decision was unreasonable because it was not justified, transparent or intelligible; (2) in making the decision, the decision-makers denied Major-General Fortin the requisite level of procedural fairness; and (3) there was improper political interference in the military chain of command by the Minister of National Defence, the Minister of Health, the Clerk of the Privy Council and the Prime Minister of Canada ...
Application downloadable @ news release, or attached, for your viewing pleasure ...

Attachments

• T-957-21-Certified-Copy-Notice-of-Application_compressed(2).pdf
    500.9 KB · Views: 2

MilEME09

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Mills Bomb

Reaction score
This seems to get more interesting everyday.

If what Fortin is claiming is true, I hope his lawsuit is successful. I think what is most disturbing is the blatant double standard, the MND can turn away evidence of sexual misconduct from an ombudsman and face no consequences, but any senior CAF member apparently can be disgraced in front the nation on the grounds of "sexual misconduct" which they are saying is not even true, but simply political meddling. Who does the public and members of the CAF trust in this case, someone who has 30+ years of honourable service in the CAF, or the MND who has faced controversy regarding stolen valour, turning away evidence, and a PM who has been recorded several times doing black face amongst other ethics offences?

I would be extremely interested to know what other officers in senior positions are thinking right now, are they just walking on eggshells hoping they don't get accused of something next? Are they just trying to be a grey man and buy time until they release? Do any of them actually think they are safe? This is one time I can honestly say, I'm not even remotely envious of these senior positions or the political BS being in them seems to entail under the current government.

cld617

Reaction score
Did you just make a comment about HER physical appearance? Did you JUST ASSUME SHE WANTED TO BE REFERRED TO AS SHE, SINCE SHE DIDN’T SPECIFY SHE IDENTIFIES AS A MULTI GENDERED ENLIGHTENED SPACE GOD WHO HAS COME HERE TO SAVE US ALL FROM GLUTEN??

How dare you sir... got a SHARP chit coming your way now 😤 (or whatever they call it now)

This is some 2nd year Pte level of humor, for your sake I hope you actually are that young.

While many have been quite overzealous with their demands for inclusion and being referred to a certain way, responding to a run of the mill comment which uses she with that level of outburst is pretty damned immature. The number of times I've ever been asked to refer to someone by their pronouns in uniform is a whopping zero, the number of times some ignoramus made a GBA+/did you assume my gender joke as though it was an intelligent thought worth sharing, is infinite.

Grow up

Weinie

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
This is some 2nd year Pte level of humor, for your sake I hope you actually are that young.

While many have been quite overzealous with their demands for inclusion and being referred to a certain way, responding to a run of the mill comment which uses she with that level of outburst is pretty damned immature. The number of times I've ever been asked to refer to someone by their pronouns in uniform is a whopping zero, the number of times some ignoramus made a GBA+/did you assume my gender joke as though it was an intelligent thought worth sharing, is infinite.

Grow up
Ummm.........he was being sarcastic,in case you missed it.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Transition group sometimes isn't always on your way out, when I broke my leg I was transferred under them for 6 months until I was fit for duty. They had the resources to help me out with rehab etc... so if it's indefinite medical leave, Transition group makes sense but is not a 100% retirement notice.
I was under the impression that a posting to JPSU or even just going on medical leave takes a while to facilitate.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Fight Punch GIF by Godzilla vs. Kong
Looks like the SNCO and WO mess.

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Do you have the answer to that one question?
The answer’s out there…and who knows…it might not even include old, male, white general/admiral.

Perhaps we’ll see in due course.

Some of us won’t be too surprised. Others may be very surprised. Perhaps shocked. In the end though, toxic is toxic.

trigger324

Reaction score
The answer’s out there…and who knows…it might not even include old, male, white general/admiral.

Perhaps we’ll see in due course.

Some of us won’t be too surprised. Others may be very surprised. Perhaps shocked. In the end though, toxic is toxic.
Right, and those who benefit, as the question was posed, should very well be the victims.

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score

Breathe deeply.

D - e -e - e - e - e - p - l - y - y - y . . .

I - i - i - i - i - n - n - n - n . . .

and

O - o - o - o u - u - u - u - t . . .

R - e - e - l - a - a - x - x - x . . .

Doesn't that feel much better now?