• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

Reaction score
Very much so. Genuinely.

The article itself paints the context, in my mind, inaccurately. While the intentions of the article I'm sure were good, I found the article itself left out a LOT of pertinent information which would help paint the events much more accurately.

If you information/opinion that could help paint a more accurate picture, I believe most people here would be extremely interested to hear the truth of the matter.
Ok. Please give a day or two for me to collect my info.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
It's OK, I get all my news from this site :)

would you like to know more starship troopers GIF

* Need to know more intensifies *

Reaction score
Very much so. Genuinely.

The article itself paints the context, in my mind, inaccurately. While the intentions of the article I'm sure were good, I found the article itself left out a LOT of pertinent information which would help paint the events much more accurately.

If you information/opinion that could help paint a more accurate picture, I believe most people here would be extremely interested to hear the truth of the matter.
I posted my research about 10 hours ago. I don't know what happened but the posting is gone. I will try again but I will have to start again.

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
The National Post has further details from Fortin's affidavit. And apparently the Government is seeking to have his lawsuit dismissed as he did not first avail himself of internal administrative options (ie a grievance).

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Action was taken far higher than the final authority of the CAF Grievance process (the CDS), so that ‘should’ be a reasonable dismissal of the Fed Govt’s motion.

That said, we know the Fed Govt will go as far as firing the Attorney General if the PM doesn’t get what he wants, so too early to count ‘Fed motion dismissal’ eggs before they hatch.

G2G

ModlrMike

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Kind of hard to file a RoG when the person who wronged you is also the IA and FA. AFAIK, there is nothing in the manual about filing a grievance where the CDS is the respondent.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
The National Post has further details from Fortin's affidavit. And apparently the Government is seeking to have his lawsuit dismissed as he did not first avail himself of internal administrative options (ie a grievance).

You'd think a 2 star would know about how all that stuff works...

Awkward Dj Pauly D GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
You'd think a 2 star would know about how all that stuff works...

Awkward Dj Pauly D GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation
Pretty sure both he and Thomas Conway, his counsel do. The trial balloons being floated from the shadows about the Fed Govt considering seeking to dismiss Fortin’s case smell of more of the same as what led to his removal from his PHAC secondment.

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
It’s a principle in administrative law that a request for judicial review should follow the exhaustion of internal redress mechanisms first. This will likely hinge on a successful argument that the issue was not redressible internally to CAF. That’s probably a very reasonable claim in this case.

That said, his counsel will of course then need to succesfully argue that he was in fact denied procedural fairness. I’m not able to assess that.

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
I posted my research about 10 hours ago. I don't know what happened but the posting is gone. I will try again but I will have to start again.
I share your pain. When I spend days researching groundbreaking information to present I always forget to turn on auto-save and never save stuff to folders.

Unless you saved it on your computer and that was mysteriously deleted too. Careful.

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
formerdndemployee said:
I posted my research about 10 hours ago. I don't know what happened but the posting is gone. I will try again but I will have to start again. I think I am being blocked by a guy named Bruce Monkhouse. He said I have to buy some of his crap to continue.

So, no, that's not what happened. Bruce is one of the admins of the page. You were not told you need to 'buy something' to continue.

I read your post. It was certainly interesting, and entirely possible that it was true. But, you're a completely anonymous person claiming to have inside information, and you posted a great amount of pretty salacious details, specifically naming a person who has been involved in a lot of various administrative and procedural stuff. None of us have any ability to assess your credibility, and the things you posted would definitely open the owners of the site to potential allegations of defamation from two named parties. It appears that you joined this site entirely with the purpose of airing this very dirty laundry.

I'm not an admin of this page. Used to be a while ago though- and had I still been, I would have removed the post and sent you a private message with concerns. I suspect that is what has happened here from someone - Bruce - who still is one of the people running the page. He and the rest of the team generally do a pretty good job keeping this page out of the muck. If you have further concerns, they're probably best addressed to him. What you won't succeed in doing is rallying many people to your cause here. None of us have a damned clue who you are, and your motive in joining the page is as obvious as it is self-interested.