• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
“All involved”. Who besides Vance? Just KB? Who else?
Everyone in the CAF including you. This paints all of you in a bad light. When I was a young soldier I was told often "you are in the public eye, and your actions reflect on all of us". Maybe you haven't heard that before.

Have a nice day.

trigger324

Reaction score
Everyone in the CAF including you. This paints all of you in a bad light. When I was a young soldier I was told often "you are in the public eye, and your actions reflect on all of us". Maybe you haven't heard that before.

Have a nice day.
Well I love it. I told you this back in April.

trigger324

Reaction score
I know you do. There's nothing better than seeing these highbrow GOFO officers taken down a few notches. Does he deserve it? Maybe. Let the courts decide.

You've found him guilty already.
Oh no I didn’t. We’ve all been advocating for his day in court. Now he’s going to get it

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
Sorry, I asked what crime he was under investigation for, or perhaps which judicial proceeding was under way that which he then obstructed justice on.

Do we have an allegation of a crime other than the obstruct? Or is this a DAOD 5019 personal relationship deemed adverse thing?
It would be sufficient if they were investigating a CSD offence. Those are still offences under Canadian federal statute. It’s likely that what precisely was being investigated is not yet public.

Reactions: QV

PuckChaser

Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
The Change of Command ceremony to Adm MacDonald was 14 Jan 2021. This charge is for incidents between 1-3 Feb 2021. Depending on when his actual release date was from the CAF, he may have allegedly committed this offence as General (ret'd) Vance, not the CDS.

QV

Reaction score
It would be sufficient if they were investigating a CSD offence. Those are still offences under Canadian federal statute. It’s likely that what precisely was being investigated is not yet public.
I'm curious what was being investigated. My guess is what ever it was can't be made out, otherwise that charge(s) would also have been sworn along with the obstruct. I can't imagine they slapped a hasty obstruct charge with the main investigation still underway... I suspect this is all they have.

KB clearly didn't listen to Vance's request on Feb 1st and 3rd to not talk about their relationship post Gagetown. NIS assumed investigative responsibility Feb 4th.

Is Vance asking KB not to talk about their personal relationship, before an NIS investigation began, which she didn't adhere to anyway, still an obstruction of a case that can't even be made out? I know how that would have been handled for lesser, less politically visible folk.

Going out on a limb here without any insight or more detail, to me this seems weak and at this time I wouldn't be surprised if Vance is not convicted.

Weinie

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve seen yours, and one could say the same. Don’t troll me
Not trolling. If you can find a post where I said that the past CDS deserves anything other than a complete application of justice, then show it to me. I have reacted to the trolling which has reacted to previous posts, going back to the initial reporting. To say you were right in your previous assessment, is quite frankly, narcissism.

trigger324

Reaction score
Not on this topic my friend. I’ve seen you mix it up with people in other threads and the actual reactions I’ve had to your posts are indeed narcissism and in fact condescension. And if you want to go back in this thread to reread my stance on this subject, feel free. You couldn’t be further off base in your assumption. That being said, who are you to call anyone out?

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
I'm curious what was being investigated. My guess is what ever it was can't be made out, otherwise that charge(s) would also have been sworn along with the obstruct. I can't imagine they slapped a hasty obstruct charge with the main investigation still underway... I suspect this is all they have.

KB clearly didn't listen to Vance's request on Feb 1st and 3rd to not talk about their relationship post Gagetown. NIS assumed investigative responsibility Feb 4th.

Is Vance asking KB not to talk about their personal relationship, before an NIS investigation began, which she didn't adhere to anyway, still an obstruction of a case that can't even be made out? I know how that would have been handled for lesser, less politically visible folk.

Going out on a limb here without any insight or more detail, to me this seems weak and at this time I wouldn't be surprised if Vance is not convicted.
Alternatively, we have only partial information. I cannot imagine the decision to charge the former CDS criminally is taken lightly and without running it past counsel first.