• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Sajjan is the incumbent in a safe Liberal stronghold. If (when) he is re-elected he could be left in place as MND because Trudeau isn't going to want to taint anyone else with that shit-show, accompanied by another Prime Ministerial lament of "we must do better", or he could be relegated to the back benches.
He's staying. In fact if the polls are to be believed, they're all staying.
The Conservatives have seemed to have crapped the bed again.

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
He’ll be re-elected, but a cabinet shuffle would not be a surprise. Lots of ways it could be spun as wanting to leverage his cabinet experience in a different portfolio or something like that. I would not be surprised to see MND transition to someone who… whose bed is less completely shat, I suppose? A female MND would potentially be a canny move. Not sure who would be on deck for a cabinet spot that might be a good fit for that.

Ostrozac

Reaction score
I guess it was normally unthinkable that the big giant heads would do things that should result in charges, but no one should be above the law that covers off the rest of us.
But that’s the point. It shouldn’t have been unthinkable. We court martialled a German General for war crimes committed against Canadian troops in Normandy. In that specific case (Meyer), it was ‘only’ a 1-star, but given the scope and scale of atrocities in that war, we could have easily had to do the same to a Field Marshal. We needed, and still need, to have all the tools in the toolbox.

They found a way to put the King of England on trial in 1649. No one is above the law.

Haggis

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
A female MND would potentially be a canny move. Not sure who would be on deck for a cabinet spot that might be a good fit for that.
It looks like Maryam Monsef is going to lose her seat, so she's not the future MND. But Freeland. Oh yes! A perfect way to eliminate a potential future leadership rival. Hang a stinking albatross around her neck and watch her fall.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
It looks like Maryam Monsef is going to lose her seat, so she's not the future MND. But Freeland. Oh yes! A perfect way to eliminate a potential future leadership rival. Hang a stinking albatross around her neck and watch her fall.
Maybe her “brothers” will comfort her.

FJAG

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
... . No one is above the law.
True, but when the law itself is screwed up ...

When drafting laws one should look at weaknesses that could result in absurdities. This issue has pretty much always been there because no one contemplated that a CDS or CMJ would ever need to be tried. In retrospect, with 20/20 hindsight, that was a glaring mistake and, quite frankly, it was only a matter of time before the situation would occur.

That it would be two this close together is a bit like a lightning strike. But generally after the first bolt, you take action to avoid a second. That's where the inaction to fix the situation in a timely way is inexcusable.

🍻

Maxman1

Reaction score
Today's Minister has done zip. zero. nada.

I mean, there's this thing:
canada_protoj_cadpat_petawawa.jpg

And the surplus Australian Hornets.

dimsum

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
I mean, there's this thing:
canada_protoj_cadpat_petawawa.jpg

And the surplus Australian Hornets.
If you're talking about the CADPAT change of colours, did that even make it up to MND level? Or was it just handled by Comd Army?

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score

But I hit CRA last year so she's safe, right? :)

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
If you're talking about the CADPAT change of colours, did that even make it up to MND level? Or was it just handled by Comd Army?
The new CADPAT was one of Vance’s babies. He lamented in the news that troops were deploying to the Middle East in over-worn arid CADPAT and, as you know, when the supply system is failing to replace worn-out kit then you fix the problem by changing the colour.

Navy_Pete

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
My personal favourite is people that want the blue cam pattern for sailors. Personnally think things have gone horribly wrong if I need to blend in with the ocean and want to be as visible as possible (hence the bright orange survival suits).

Personnally would be happy if we could get unsexy things like valves, hoses and other critical things that keep the ocean outside the ship and otherwise let the ship go from A to B, but guess will have to settle for a morale patch.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
My personal favourite is people that want the blue cam pattern for sailors. Personnally think things have gone horribly wrong if I need to blend in with the ocean and want to be as visible as possible (hence the bright orange survival suits).

Personnally would be happy if we could get unsexy things like valves, hoses and other critical things that keep the ocean outside the ship and otherwise let the ship go from A to B, but guess will have to settle for a morale patch.
This made me chuckle however in today's current climate sexy trumps sensible. Just look at the PM as an example of that.

kev994

Subscriber
Reaction score

I’ve always wondered what advantages a sea-camo outfit could possibly offer when the outfit is worn on a gigantic ship.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score

Dude, it's supposed to hide you from the boss, not the enemy :)

military-humor-funny-joke-navy-working-uniform-sailor.jpg