• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

cld617

Reaction score
Ummm.........he was being sarcastic,in case you missed it.
I'm vividly aware the post hinged on sarcasm, that's the point.

By making "did you just assume my gender" jokes every time someone makes a gender based comment, it takes away the seriousness of the initiatives we're currently operating under to bring a bit of professionalism and respect into this organization. When a trans or queer mbr hears those sorts of comments, what do you think their thoughts are? You're basically making light of some basic respect they're hoping for, to not assume their gender.

I get it, it's a bit of levity at those who make everything a bigger deal than it needs to be. It's childish and doesn't serve any useful purpose.

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
No. But there are far better ways than to end up as an embarrassing story in the globe and mail.
Ah…you know this from direct experience then, or by staying at a HolidayInn Express recently?

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
I'm vividly aware the post hinged on sarcasm, that's the point.

By making "did you just assume my gender" jokes every time someone makes a gender based comment, it takes away the seriousness of the initiatives we're currently operating under to bring a bit of professionalism and respect into this organization. When a trans or queer mbr hears those sorts of comments, what do you think their thoughts are? You're basically making light of some basic respect they're hoping for, to not assume their gender.

I get it, it's a bit of levity at those who make everything a bigger deal than it needs to be. It's childish and doesn't serve any useful purpose.
I guess the fun cop has arrived. Have a nice day.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
I guess your appreciation and cognitive capacity wrt respect is equal to all the GOFO's who have touchy-touchy problems.
Like I said - have a nice day. I know very well what the limits are. Your inference that I have touchy feely issues and your condescending attitude are indicative oh what I like to call "Holier than thou virtue signalers ". Sir that does not go over well with me and never has.

We do not share the same sense of humor and most likely will disagree on many things.

Pieman

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
It's disingenuous for anyone to suggest LGen Rouleau didn't expect this to go down exactly how it went down. I think he went into this knowing it would hit the public, knowing how the PMO would react and knowing what he would be asked to do. He's not the kinda guy to get ambushed with a cup of coffee.

Why would he do that? No idea. He could be a little pissed at getting taken out of the VCDS role to fill the "new" strategic advisor to the chief of the Defence Staff on future capabilities- replaced by someone who incidentally gets to proudly wear the mantle of the first female VCDS.

Maybe he doesn't like what happened to General Fortin and this is him giving the finger to Ottawa.
I really don't know why he would do that either. It seems completely irrational which leads me to believe that your assumption that LGen Rouleau knew how it would go down is incorrect. So, it's not disingenuous to suggest it. Your other assumptions for his reasons to go golfing are deeply speculative, which is not a worthy science. Him caring more about the well being of Vance over the BS going on, like he said he did? I can see that being genuinely the case.

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
What's wrong with HolidayInn Express??......Or is it now the Canadian version of La Quinta Inn?
HIE is awesome, I learned medical skills that far outstripped my TCCC course, for example, over just one night’s stay! 😉

That’s why I figure Remius either has experience working at high levels across the Four Corners, or he stayed at a HIE, in order to know the most effective way to give it to the machine…

cavalryman

Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Do we have anyone left who isn't in an acting position?
I'm sure Corporal Bloggins in the Royal North-West Fusiliers isn't acting, although his platoon sergeant might consider him a bad actor.

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
HIE is awesome, I learned medical skills that far outstripped my TCCC course, for example, over just one night’s stay! 😉

That’s why I figure Remius either has experience working at high levels across the Four Corners, or he stayed at a HIE, in order to know the most effective way to give it to the machine…
But you seem to know so. We can discuss like adults or you can keep being a smart ass and ruining the tone here.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure Corporal Bloggins in the Royal North-West Fusiliers isn't acting, although his platoon sergeant might consider him a bad actor.
Didn’t he or she - don’t want to assume gender here - become CO of a Mess Tin Repair Battalion?

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Enjoying watching the humourless Stasi zealots come out of the woodwork the past couple of years. Their moment to denounce everything and express outrage at all levity has arrived.

Old joke: A friend bails you out of jail. A true friend looks at you from across the cell and says, "We sure fucked up, didn't we?"

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Ah…you know this from direct experience then, or by staying at a HolidayInn Express recently?
So let me explain in the hopes that maybe you can actually offer your own insights instead of what you posted.

you think this might be some elaborate way of sticking it to the man. So you are saying that a man who has been a consummate professional his entire career, decides that his master plan is going to golfing with a disgraced CDS and the CRCN and clear that golf course so no one would know with the hopes that it gets leaked in some weird show of defiance at what you think he sees as a purge of GOFOs in some larger plot. And you think that this is the best way to do that. Ok…

he would have stuck it to the man way more by standing at a podium resign and announcing that he no longer had faith in “insert name here” and that he can longer serve in an institution or for a gvt that is doing “insert here”

The biggest issue with what you propose is that he has put two of his friends back on the front page. Was that good for Vance’s mental health? Or would his explanation not be genuine about a mental health check? He and the CRCN have issued apologies for their actions and taken ownership of that. Still part of the master plan? See the various holes in what you are prop

If we believe that then we must assume that he knowingly intended to cause damage to the institution that is already crisis. Do you think he would intentionally damage the CAF reputation further? Because that golf trip just added to the CAF leadership credibility issue. I honestly don’t think he intended to do that. Which leaves us with a lapse in judgement.

I have no reason to doubt his intentions in regards to Vance’s mental health. “Hey let’s go golfing, get your mind off things, we’ll make sure no one is around to bug you”

I prefer to think this was lapse in judgement. Because the alternative is that he is knowingly trying to burn down the whole place on his way out, lied about the reason for the golf outing and I don’t think for a second that you believe that.