• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
No positions available. Besides, I did an RSS/RFC posting, and I’m not a complete outcast. So did Wayne Eyre, I believe, and it’s working out alright for him.

The other traditional options are secondment to another government department or hiding them OUTCAN. But those time-honoured options are out of favour since our OGDs and Allies have now starting calling us out on using their organizations as dumping grounds for sexual deviants.

Once every option is exhausted, and if there aren’t grounds for release, then we may have to “gasp” actually employ these officers. Either that or we create a series of ‘nothing’ staff officer positions that are understood to be a form of internal banishment. ADC to the Duke of York, Attaché-Designate to North Korea. That sort of thing.

All good points of course.

ADC to the Duke of York would be less awesome now that Mr. Epstein is out of the picture though ...

200.gif

suffolkowner

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Since many of us have commented that there seems to be a certain top heaviness to the CAF, another year of this will go a long way to alleviating that problem

PuckChaser

Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
It's ok, Reg F isn't getting benefits either... try booking a dental right now unless you're deploying or your teeth are falling out...

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
MGen Dawe removed from position, to undertake restorative engagement with the community, per the VCDS.

Figure there's one of two explanations here.

1. Our top leaders stupidly thought they could sneak Gen Dawe into this position without anyone noticing, and didn't think it would be a big deal if word of it did get out; or

2. They "quietly" placed him into this position knowing full well it would come to light. And knowing full well the severe public backlash this appointment would cause, already planned for this restorative engagement.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Where is the facepalm emoji?? Like really people this is what you got?? 🤯

WTF is going on in NDHQ?

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I don't (or didn't) know anything about "restorative engagement"(what MGen Dawe has been assigned to do). I assumed that it was one of those buzz phrases that is supposed to describe some process which, unless one goes through it, doesn't really mean anything to most people. So I googled it. Seems that there is a somewhat formal structure for restorative engagement in DND/CAF.
What can I expect as a Defence representative participating in restorative engagement?
You will be assigned to a cohort of 8 defence representatives, including one senior officer or senior non-commissioned officer and one current or former senior official from the Department of National Defence. Restorative practitioners will facilitate individual and collective activities with you and your cohort.

As part of a cohort, you will participate in:
. . .

I'm not being dismissive of the practice, honestly. But I still can't imagine how such would work in a military culture. I know the intent is to change some aspects of military culture, but that may be easier said than done.

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
I don't (or didn't) know anything about "restorative engagement"(what MGen Dawe has been assigned to do). I assumed that it was one of those buzz phrases that is supposed to describe some process which, unless one goes through it, doesn't really mean anything to most people. So I googled it. Seems that there is a somewhat formal structure for restorative engagement in DND/CAF.

I'm not being dismissive of the practice, honestly. But I still can't imagine how such would work in a military culture. I know the intent is to change some aspects of military culture, but that may be easier said than done.
As opposed to “destructive disengagement”, where someone, usually a male, assaults or mistreats another person, usually a woman, then claims that the woman “must have experienced it differently…”