• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
My buddies and I were talking about this and one of them remarked:

"Statistically it's so unlikely that we managed to fill so many of our senior leadership with sexual deviants, yet here we are"
I don't know, if rumors are to be believed, half of RCEME Corp are swingers.....whether you believe those rumors is a different matter.

QV

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
My buddies and I were talking about this and one of them remarked:

"Statistically it's so unlikely that we managed to fill so many of our senior leadership with sexual deviants, yet here we are"
It is highly unlikely. But we’re at a point in time where even an unsubstantiated allegation will ruin someone.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
In my experience people gleefully love to see the powerful and the wealthy fall, but forget that there is due process for all, not just us peasants. ;)
Don't like what I have to say? Tough effing luck. Grow up FFS. You know who I'm talking to.

Those who whine and complain about the lower ranks not receiving due process but are ok with railroading senior people are hypocrites.

Have a great day.

Halifax Tar

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Don't like what I have to say? Tough effing luck. Grow up FFS. You know who I'm talking to.

Those who whine and complain about the lower ranks not receiving due process but are ok with railroading senior people are hypocrites.

Have a great day.

Did you just scold yourself ?

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
No, trigger got triggered and slammed a troll emoji on OS’s post. OS wasn’t incorrect though.

trigger324

Reaction score
No, trigger got triggered and slammed a troll emoji on OS’s post. OS wasn’t incorrect though.
No, this old soldier has been trolling me for close to a year now. For whatever reason he/she appears to not be able to stop even though he/she owned up to it a while back but still went back to his /her ways. I posted a link to an article yesterday that belonged in this thread. Read back and see what happened next.

Last edited:

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
No, this old soldier has been trolling me for close to a year now. For whatever reason he/she appears to not be able to stop even though he/she owned up to it a while back but still went back to his /her ways. I posted a link to an article yesterday that belonged in this thread. Read back and see what happened next.
I made a joke and you didn't like it. AND I'm not wrong. Grow the F9ck up.

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score

Trigger to OS's point you have seemed to be rather gleeful when some senior personnel do get accused.

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
You’ve been foaming at the mouth through this whole thing any time anyone senior comes even close to being raked over the coals, and you’ve shown no particular inclination to care much about due process. He was on point, even if you don’t like it. OS is all for accountability, but also proper process and fairness. You’ll be fine.

trigger324

Reaction score
You’ve been foaming at the mouth through this whole thing any time anyone senior comes even close to being raked over the coals, and you’ve shown no particular inclination to care much about due process. He was on point, even if you don’t like it. OS is all for accountability, but also proper process and fairness. You’ll be fine.
No, I’m afraid not. At no time have I ever implied I am not for due process. And if this thread had included any links to junior pers’ comparable transgressions, I’d be equally critical, and definitely upon conviction

kev994

Reaction score
Not sure what everyone else's experience is, but I've been on the receiving end of a few ATIs and they've all gotten to me at the point where it's already at/past the reply date. Sometimes it's because it takes a while to figure out who to route it to, which is fair I think, but other times it should be obvious (especially when the organization is named specifically in the request), but still takes 30+ days to get to the people with the info.

Pretty skeptical of the ATI office though; they have released multiple files with things marked up for redaction that never get done, or blatantly secret documents (like the CAF emergency response plan a few years ago).

Overall it's a pretty frustrating process when you get nailed at the last minute (especially with a fishing expedition ATI that goes back to longer than we are required to keep records for) and have to drop everything to comb through a pile of stuff because 98% of the timeline was eaten up by the routing, and generally you don't get BGH support to push back against an unreasonable turnaround time.
That’s pretty much my experience.

Edit: I mean the timeline bit, I haven’t been doing them long enough to see redaction errors.

Last edited:

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Those damn MPs… but wait… when the crown says “there was no reasonable likelihood of securing a conviction“ does that mean he didn’t do it?

Ll Cool J Interest GIF by CBS

Haggis

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Those damn MPs… but wait… when the crown says “there was no reasonable likelihood of securing a conviction“ does that mean he didn’t do it?
It means that the evidence is insufficient, weak or inadmissible, or that the witnesses are not credible and proof beyond a reasonable doubt (the criminal standard) would not be possible.

Reactions: AKa