• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sexual Misconduct Allegations in The CAF

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
As fetish or function? 👩‍🎓👮‍♀️

Why not both? :)

bra cross dressing GIF by Christina Aguilera

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
Oh man, I remember that one. I hadn’t realized trial was still pending. Gross.

lenaitch

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I didn’t see this in the article, but my question is: was he on duty in a marked police vehicle and in uniform at the time? 🤯
The way I read the article it sounds like not. With u/c and surveillance involved, this was a targeted investigation, likely arising from ongoing complaints. It's not like he just happened to be caught red-handed (so to speak).

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
Noticing that they have been getting a free lunch for years?
Pretty much.

We are not talking about a huge amount of cases per year being transferred to the various Provinces. But, never underestimate the desire of a Province to put the screws to the Feds for more money…

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
Pretty much.

We are not talking about a huge amount of cases per year being transferred to the various Provinces. But, never underestimate the desire of a Province to put the screws to the Feds for more money…
Oh, the money they already get from the base?

I fail to understand how the Provinces think they have a case.

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
Oh, the money they already get from the base?

I fail to understand how the Provinces think they have a case.
Like I said, never under-estimate the desire of a Province to squeeze the Feds for money.

You were posted to Petawawa (just for example). Since the early 1900s, how much do you figure that Ontario has made in tax revenue on the people posted there, without also providing much in the way of services?

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Like I said, never under-estimate the desire of a Province to squeeze the Feds for money.

You were posted to Petawawa (just for example). Since the early 1900s, how much do you figure that Ontario has made in tax revenue on the people posted there, without also providing much in the way of services?
Not to mention the secondary benefits to the local economies etc

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score

Plus a lot of money via the OPP from speeding tickets (at least in my case).

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Provinces and municipalities have made plenty of coin of the backs of Pte. Bloggins. The issue is that they haven't received direct funding for this particular thing the Feds are trying to pass off to them.

This was a solution to a problem that didn't need to be addressed by local/provincial forces. All that needed to happen was removing CAF MP Gp from the VCDS group and have them report directly to the MND, or if you really wanted to get impartial, Public Saftey minister or AG.

But no. More flinch reactions that lead to us trying to build the train as it leaves the station.

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
Provinces and municipalities have made plenty of coin of the backs of Pte. Bloggins. The issue is that they haven't received direct funding for this particular thing the Feds are trying to pass off to them.
Actually they do.
There is money paid by the bases to the regions, and the provinces by the members taxes.
What they want is more than any other taxpayer in Canada would provide.

This was a solution to a problem that didn't need to be addressed by local/provincial forces. All that needed to happen was removing CAF MP Gp from the VCDS group and have them report directly to the MND, or if you really wanted to get impartial, Public Saftey minister or AG.

But no. More flinch reactions that lead to us trying to build the train as it leaves the station.
Given the # of annual cases, it makes a ton more sense to push it to CivPol.
It’s an insignificant number as far as any legitimate claim to be a burden to any location - and frankly it’s already been paid for.

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Actually they do.
There is money paid by the bases to the regions, and the provinces by the members taxes.
It’s an insignificant number as far as any legitimate claim to be a burden to any location - and frankly it’s already been paid for.
I don't disagree, I'm just saying the execution of this was poorly done. We could have easily dealt with this within the parameters of Bill C-77 if the CAF MP Group became removed from the CoC. CFNIS could still investigate SA. D Mil Prosecution could still lay charges under S130. The difference is the optics of who's tail is wagging the dog.

IMHO, the feds passing the buck without consulting the provinces will have a poorer outcome than maintaining the status quo.

KevinB

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
I don't disagree, I'm just saying the execution of this was poorly done. We could have easily dealt with this within the parameters of Bill C-77 if the CAF MP Group became removed from the CoC. CFNIS could still investigate SA. D Mil Prosecution could still lay charges under S130. The difference is the optics of who's tail is wagging the dog.

IMHO, the feds passing the buck without consulting the provinces will have a poorer outcome than maintaining the status quo.
It’s not like this was a shock to anyone.

Given the history of the NIS WRT several cases, retaining it was a giant non starter.

SeaKingTacco

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Reaction score
Actually they do.

I wasn’t even talking about annual PiLT which is significant $ and goes directly to local municipalities for services they sometimes then “forget” to provide or only grudgingly provide, once you phone them a bunch (or a DoJ lawyer sends them a letter- hypothetically, of course)

Kilted

Reaction score
Allegedly, a Cpl Garrett Beal was recently found guilty on charges of sexual assault against an officer, but I have been unable to find the story at any legitimate news sources.

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Ostrozac

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Allegedly, a Cpl Garrett Beal was recently found guilty on charges of sexual assault against an officer, but I have been unable to find the story at any legitimate news sources.
It was in the Ottawa Citizen — article dated 10 July, under a “local news” byline.