• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Slight risk of neurological disorder after flu shot

What part of propergating media fear mongering about immunizations turns your crank?

If you contract Guillain-Barré syndrome from the flu shot...buy a lottery ticket, cause you just beat the odds. But if you don't get the flu shot, the odds of you infecting a high risk patient, like your aged parents/grandparents or your new born child, and causing them to die....is much, much higher.

To add to that, I'm willing to bet that you have higher odds of getting Guillain-Barre if you actually get the flu than if you get the flu shot - seeing as there is also a strong association with it occurring after a variety of infections and surgery as well (I'll check up to date stats)  ;D.

As per normal, only one side of the story.

MM

If it wasnt a concern then Public Health Svcs  would not have informed the general public about it. 

Crap shoot / roll the dice: don't get the flu shot, take the chance of getting the flu, missing work days and feeling like shite for awhile and the very, very, very slim possibility of having some complications (eg pneumonia; meeting the grim reaper). take it and have the remote, almost non existant, one-in-million chance of  Guillain-Barré; your choice

CTD said:
If it wasnt a concern then Public Health Svcs  would not have informed the general public about it. 
Was it Public Health or CBC?? I'm confused..... ???

I guess they are stating things that were said ... Trying to make something out of nothing.

Miss Jacqueline said:
I guess they are stating things that were said ... Trying to make something out of nothing.
Thats the media for you. Trying to sell papers and up ratings :(

Back