• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SOLD OUT (under New Vets Charter)

The only live person I can get on the phone today is a commissionaire in PEI.

Voicemails are full, or not turned on.

Emails are going undelivered or coming back with circular email messages.

"This is Y. I'm not taking emails right now, contact X"

Contact X and get "This is X. I'm not taking emails right now, contact Y"

"The work our Government does each day to serve Canadian Veterans can be called many things: duty, responsibility, commitment, social contract, sacred obligation or covenant. It is all of those things,"  said Minister Fantino.

Lying gluebag

Hey, he's busy polishing his Police medals for the big swan to Europe for the D-Day 70th. Give him a break.

As usual there will be five times the VAC participants than Vets of any war/age let alone the Second World War.

"Veterans Can Thank Me And Others For The SISIP Victory, Not the Courts, Says Conservative MP Laurie Hawn"

This Con MP is one of the biggest opponents against Veterans and a major promoter of the NVC!  Now he has the audacity to state that a veterans hard fought and won court battle is due in large part to him convincing the PM not to appeal the decision!  Really Laurie, I hope your head doesn't hurt too much from the spin your gang is attempting to put on this issue.  Further, where the hell were you when the government started the legal challenge in the case?

Link removed in accordance with site policy

If this one doesn't get your blood boiling, I don't know what will!

Teager said:
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1264339/government-of-canada-focused-on-results-through-comprehensive-review-of-new-veterans-charter

Seems pretty clear to me. I guess the government needs more clarity on the clarity.
Seemed pretty clear last August, too:
.... We will continue to listen to Veterans, and to work with partners who share our common goal of supporting those who put their lives on the line for Canada. We are here to deliver the care and support Veterans need, when they need it. That is our promise to Veterans. Always has been. Always will be.

Grapeshot said:
"Veterans Can Thank Me And Others For The SISIP Victory, Not the Courts, Says Conservative MP Laurie Hawn"

This Con MP is one of the biggest opponents against Veterans and a major promoter of the NVC!  Now he has the audacity to state that a veterans hard fought and won court battle is due in large part to him convincing the PM not to appeal the decision!  Really Laurie, I hope your head doesn't hurt too much from the spin your gang is attempting to put on this issue.  Further, where the hell were you when the government started the legal challenge in the case?

Link removed in accordance with site policy

If this one doesn't get your blood boiling, I don't know what will!

Wow, he went there and got the t-shirt.

Screwvets_zps52409f98.jpg

The Canadian Press
Published Friday, February 14, 2014 11:48AM EST
Share this story:

OTTAWA -- The NDP says the federal government is transferring veterans' medical records to the custody of a private American company.
MP Peter Stoffer says veterans seeking help will now have to wait while files are retrieved from a company called Iron Mountain Holdings.
He also says the government is closing what are known as treatment authorization centres, responsible for approving treatments needed by veterans.
Now, he says, that approval will have to come from a private company.
Stoffer says it is wrong to put medical files into the hands of a private, for-profit firm.
He says it would mean delays for vets who would have to wait for their records to be retrieved, then passed on through Veterans Affairs.
He also said a private firm shouldn't be deciding whether vets can get treatments they need.
"I find this absolutely unconscionable," he said. "What the Conservative government is now doing is taking what was a very good public-service work done by dedicated employees for many, many years and turning all that work over to the private sector ... with no consultation no discussion."
The Harper government has been harshly criticized in recent weeks over its moves to close some Veterans Affairs offices.
Veterans Affairs Canada said the decision to close nine locations was based on declining use. It said veterans will be handled through nearby Service Canada offices.

One source of the story above: http://www.680news.com/2014/02/14/vets-medical-records-to-be-held-by-private-american-based-firm-ndp/

Teager: It's best to post a link to the article as well; although some links do go stale over time, it's best to give credit where credit is due.

dapaterson said:
One source of the story above: http://www.680news.com/2014/02/14/vets-medical-records-to-be-held-by-private-american-based-firm-ndp/

Teager: It's best to post a link to the article as well; although some links do go stale over time, it's best to give credit where credit is due.

Sorry about that was posting from my iPhone and forgot the link. Thanks for posting it though.

Teager said:
The Canadian Press
Published Friday, February 14, 2014 11:48AM EST
Share this story:

OTTAWA -- The NDP says the federal government is transferring veterans' medical records to the custody of a private American company.
MP Peter Stoffer says veterans seeking help will now have to wait while files are retrieved from a company called Iron Mountain Holdings.
He also says the government is closing what are known as treatment authorization centres, responsible for approving treatments needed by veterans.
Now, he says, that approval will have to come from a private company ....

And here's what the department has to say ....
With more than 1,200 Canadian employees, Iron Mountain Canada is a long-standing partner of Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) along with several other federal departments and agencies.

VAC has engaged Iron Mountain Canada for file storage services since 2008. Iron Mountain Canada is a recognized leader in delivering file storage services.

Recently, VAC extended its contractual agreement with Iron Mountain Canada. Under this new agreement, there is no change to the services that Veterans receive.

Iron Mountain Canada does not adjudicate Veteran services and support. As always, Veterans will continue to receive direct support from Veterans Affairs Canada.

Veterans' information continues to be securely housed and maintained in Canada by Canadians.

milnews.ca said:
And here's what the department has to say....
So you're suggesting that a sitting Parliamentarian may have been.....loose......with facts, in order to sensationalize an issue? 

Shocked. Shocked I am.

[There's really no need for the Claude Rains/Humphrey Bogart pic, is there.  ;) ]

ArmyVern said:
Your age is showing.  >:D
bitch...I mean, I just watched Casablanca again last night.....so the reference was fresh in my enfeebled brain cells.  ;D

Journeyman said:
So you're suggesting that a sitting Parliamentarian may have been.....loose......with facts, in order to sensationalize an issue? 
Just sharing for people way smarter than me to see (a large cohort, I admit) and read between the lines of.

Anyone know anything about the treatment centers and what company is now taking over? Or is this another false/misleading part in the article?

http://www.canadianveteransadvocacy.com/blog/?p=944&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-veterans-shoot-themselves-in-the-foot-while-government-hits-them-over-the-head

← `CANADIAN VETERANS ADVOCACY RESPONDS TO FEDERAL BUDGET“
How veterans shoot themselves in the foot while government hits them over the head
Posted on February 24, 2014 by Mike L Blais CD
The timing of this article and the implications are very interesting as it is these very groups, the Royal Canadian Legion and the many veterans organizations they have united under the Veterans Consultation Group who will soon stand before parliamentary committee and champion NOT the standards established in blood, sacrifice and valour by generations of valiant canadians, but a Bump to the Chump to 350 k, a standard set by the Ontario workplace standards, not the Sacred Obligation.
Your membership to these organizations perpetuates this injustice because their words negate yours.

Think about it. Then if you are a member of one of these organizations, contact your president, ask them why they are standing against the wounded quest for justice, quest for the same standards that I and thousands of pre NVC veterans have been awarded a as consequence of our lifetime of PAIN and SUFFERING on behalf of the nation.

Mike – Prez – CVA
How veterans shoot themselves in the foot while government hits them over the head
There is little doubt as to the good intentions of most veterans’ organizations in providing quotes to government. However, government has clearly been quite astute at using veterans’ good intentions to further a PR war that does little but says much about caring for veterans.

The Hill Times photograph by Jake Wright
Media relations teams in the minister’s and Prime Minister’s Office as well as Veterans Affairs Canada have spun facts to portray government as doing more than it actually is. Take, for example, the $2-billion waved about in 2011 as government’s claimed commitment to ‘enhance’ the New Veterans Charter, the controversial veterans’ legislation. Closer examination revealed that $2-billion was actually $40-million annually over 50 years.
By SEAN BRUYEA |
Published: Monday, 02/24/2014 12:00 am EST
The current government has come under intense criticism for failing veterans while doggedly pursuing a relentless public relations campaign claiming the opposite. Sadly, veterans’ organizations have been unwittingly co-opted into this PR war, effectively supporting government propaganda.
Media relations teams in the minister’s and Prime Minister’s Office as well as Veterans Affairs Canada have spun facts to portray government as doing more than it actually is. Take, for example, the $2-billion waved about in 2011 as government’s claimed commitment to “enhance” the New Veterans Charter, the controversial veterans’ legislation. Closer examination revealed that $2-billion was actually $40-million annually over 50 years.(continued at link)

If you're going to cut and paste articles, at least read & edit them before hitting the button.

Back