• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldiers' stories motivate singer

formerarmybrat23

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.canadaeast.com/ce2/docroot/article.php?articleID=132663

By RICHARD DUPLAIN
duplain.richard@dailygleaner.com
Published Wednesday April 25th, 2007
Appeared on page A1

Asinger-songwriter from Nackawic appreciates Canadian soldiers and wants others to sing their praises, too.

Oland Monteith composed I am a Soldier to honour Canada's military forces and he's about to release the song to the public.

"I sit back and I try to get into the minds of our soldiers and think about what's in their thoughts," Monteith said.

Outreach Productions owner Danny Crain has taken a personal interest in Monteith's composition.

He's charged with the day-to-day operations of a thriving recording studio but has devoted his time to perfecting this recording project.

"We already have a demo," Crain said.

Recently, Monteith was at the Hanwell Road studios putting some final technical touches to the song. A release date hasn't been determined.

"We held a series of meetings and discussed production," Crain said. "We try to take into consideration the feelings and wishes of the artist.

"Then we provide our ideas from a studio perspective so we can communicate the song in a way most people will appreciate and enjoy."

The veteran musician has been performing gospel and country music before audiences in Canada and the United States since he was a boy.

"The soldiers I sing about are men and women, boys and girls," Monteith said.

Some are serving on Canadian soil while others are risking their lives in foreign countries, he said.

"I think their thoughts are primarily for the welfare of their families and friends."

Monteith has talked to many Canadian service personnel. His father William was a Second World War veteran and his grandfather James was a First World War veteran.

"I've heard lots of stories and it all amounts to the same thing," he said. "The young women and young men in uniform are putting their lives on the line yet their only concern is for the ones they leave behind."

That was his inspiration.

"It's a heart-warming song spoken from the perspective of young female and male soldiers. My heart goes out to each and every one of them."

Monteith said over the years he's performed before audiences in New Brunswick and Nashville, Tenn., but nothing was as rewarding as composing and dedicating I am a Soldier.

"Whether our foreign conflicts are right or wrong, our soldiers deserve our respect and support.

"I'm obsessed about that and I want everyone to take time every day to think about our soldiers and pray for them."
[/quote]

ah. i hope this song gets the exposure it needs.

Back