• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Staff at VAC

Harley52

Inactive
Reaction score
In speaking with many staff members at VAC, it has come to my attention that many veterans show disrespect when communicating with a VAC worker.  Perhaps things are not going smoothy with delays in Disability applications or other benefits and with unfavourable decisions but it is rude to vent your unwelcomed frustrations with the front line staff, they are only the messenger. Yes vent your frustration but don't be disrespectful.  They have feelings and emotions also.  As veterans, we pride ourselves with loyalty, commitment, respect, courtesy and dignity.  It is unwarranted to take it out on the front line staff as they are doing the best they can with the tools they have to communicate to us in a respectful, prompt and efficient manner.  If you are not satisfied with the response of one worker, phone or email another.  Next time you talk to a VAC front line staff member, thank them for taking care of you.  You will be a better person for it.

I disagree somewhat. You should always be polite, that goes without saying (or should anyway), but they get to deal with my frustration because it's part of their job. If something VAC has done has fucked up your life, tell them about it. These things are recorded and reported on. We aren't talking abuse but they are the spokespersons for VAC so dealing with VAC's shit is part and parcel with the job.

Back