• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Subscriber Status Board ( merged )

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Some of you may be seeing an [update status] or [edit] link, while others may notice that some users (such as myself) now have a "status" below their name in posts.

This is a new feature that allows subscribers to quickly set a status, to let others know what they're up to. It's still in the early stages, so please bear with me!

Cheers
Mike

Mike,

Thanks again for the new feature. Although, with my own signature... when it comes to my profile, I have used quite a bit of 'quotes' of my own that I like to search for, that the 'status' feature I have been finding a hard time thinking of stuff to write there. Also, I'm pretty much here... there and everywhere in my days that knowing me I would have to change it several times, to keep up!

I've seen some pretty interesting messages in people's 'status' on posts, since you have implemented it, most of which have made me smile... keep up the good work out here.

~Rebecca

Edited to add: My status is now set to 'here, there and everywhere' as stated above. That status definately describes my days  8)

I know this is a silly question and I know Mike is gone for awhile, but I've tried to change my status and I don't know if it is working for me because I can not see my own status. In the space where my status should be, there is a link to "update status".

van Gemeren said:
I know this is a silly question and I know Mike is gone for awhile, but I've tried to change my status and I don't know if it is working for me because I can not see my own status. In the space where my status should be, there is a link to "update status".

Mike Bobbitt said:
This is a new feature that allows subscribers to quickly set a status....

Just like Transformers, "More Than Meets the Eye", Although my profile does not reflect it, I am a subscriber in disguise.

van Gemeren said:
Just like Transformers, "More Than Meets the Eye", Although my profile does not reflect it, I am a subscriber in disguise.

Maybe your status is in disguise then too.  Because we can't see that you are a subscriber, there might be something behind the scenes that we can't see the status either.

Meh, its not a really important for me anyways, I can wait.

It's not like my status changes much from "Lazy Bum" anyways.  :blotto:

You should have an "edit" button by every post you make, and at the top. If not then I need to revisit things!

TN2IC said:
I'm getting the same deal Mike....  ;D No workie...

Ahhh...that's the software feature that allows you to edit your status, but only if people care what you're doing.
No use complaining to Mike; the software knows.  ;D

OK guys,

It wasn't working for me either until I figured out how to work it!!

Hit on the "Edit" button and scroll up to the top of your page. Type in what you want and then hit "enter."

That's what eventually worked for me.

Journeyman said:
Ahhh...that's the software feature that allows you to edit your status, but only if people care what you're doing.
No use complaining to Mike; the software knows.   ;D

Must be a combat arm thing.  ;D

On other note, I got it going. Just type it in.. and hit enter. Simple.

TN2IC said:
Must be a combat arm thing.  ;D

On other note, I got it going. Just type it in.. and hit enter. Simple.
Yeah, simple after Vern tells you how to do it  ;)

Listen Mike Baker... if that is your real name! Just because you STOLE all that toliet paper, doesn't mean you can walk over here and think you own the place. Bugger off!  ;)

Regards,
TN2IC

So simple, a caveman can do it.

Folks,

I just added a "recent status updates" box to the main page. It shows the last 10 statuses that subscribers have set, just to give the general populace an idea of what you're up to. ;)

Still needs some work, but it's a start.

I'm liking it Mike. Even this status.... come on girls...  ;D

Back