• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SysAdmin Appreciation Day

Rice0031

Inactive
Reaction score
As the geek that I naturally am, I think it's a good idea that I let you know about System Administrator Appreciation Day.

What is a system administrator?
Well, for those who aren't technically-inclined, sysadmins are the people who take care of this site for us. They make sure it's running smoothly and properly. When it crashes, they are the ones who are restoring it. Just browse through the History of Outages and Dark Days thread (http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/26880.0.html) and you'll see who's making sure army.ca function all prim and proper for us. Doesn't sound too difficult, but I know that being a sysadmin at times can be quite frustrating (read: may induce hard-to-control wall-pounding rage).

System Administrator Appreciation Day is the last Friday of every July (well, unofficially). So come the 27th, take a second to thank the staff for keeping army.ca running for us minions. Without them, we'd all be mindless zombies drooling out the sides or our mouths from withdrawal.

Rice
:cdn:

As I don't think I will have a comp then ,

THANK YOU ALL DS, and double thank you to Mike  B.  :D !

Rice said:
As the geek that I naturally am, I think it's a good idea that I let you know about System Administrator Appreciation Day.

What is a system administrator?
Well, for those who aren't technically-inclined, sysadmins are the people who take care of this site for us. They make sure it's running smoothly and properly. When it crashes, they are the ones who are restoring it. Just browse through the History of Outages and Dark Days thread (http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/26880.0.html) and you'll see who's making sure army.ca function all prim and proper for us. Doesn't sound too difficult, but I know that being a sysadmin at times can be quite frustrating (read: may induce hard-to-control wall-pounding rage).

System Administrator Appreciation Day is the last Friday of every July (well, unofficially). So come the 27th, take a second to thank the staff for keeping army.ca running for us minions. Without them, we'd all be mindless zombies drooling out the sides or our mouths from withdrawal.

Rice
:cdn:

You little browner you.  ;D

And to really thank Mike Bobbit for the great job he does here, I highly recommend this.

Brihard said:
You little browner you.  ;D

Psh, you're just upset you're not the one getting the brownie points on this one :p

...actually being a sysadmin can really suck at times. So it's just good to say thanks. You know, only once a year.

Back