• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tactical Assault Gear warranty

Farmboy

Inactive
Reaction score
I get asked quite a bit about Tactical Assault Gears warranty, I guess because I bring it up at the time.  When I mention it most people respond that Blackhawk or another company have a lifetime warranty as well.

Yes, many other companies have lifetime warranties, or set term warranties however, let me stress this point.....

TAG is lifetime warranty, no questions asked.  It doesn’t matter if it got caught in a tank track or was run over, it doesn’t matter if you fell in a bonfire at a party wearing your gear.

It doesn’t matter what happened to it, it doesn’t even matter that you used it for 5 tours and it started to wear, it will be fixed or replaced.

Below are the warranties from three other popular companies.

“.....unless it is damaged due to
ordinary wear and tear, damaged due to lack of proper maintenance,
damaged by employment outside of their areas of intended use,
damaged through misuse of the product or by failure to follow the
instructions and warnings contained herein”.

“This warranty excludes normal wear and tear such as tears or holes due to abrasion, abuse such as getting run over by a vehicle or caught in concertina wire, personal modifications, heat or fire damage, smashed buckles, or discoloration due to contact with chemicals. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is non-transferable”

Sorry but if your or your gear get run over by a vehicle or get caught in concertina wire, don't you think trying to get your gear fixed or replaced should be the least of your worries??

“5 Year Guarantee - What's that?
Simple. No hassles.
All Sewn products come with a 5 Year Support Package.
• FREE repair of Hardware, Zippers and Velcro
• FREE repair Stitching of Seams

Note: We do not repair/replace products damaged from unreasonable use or improper cleaning”

In the 4.5 yrs I have been selling TAG I have had 3 items come back for warranty.

1) Frag pouch – the vest was run over by a LAV and the Fastex buckle broke.  I shipped the client a new pouch before we got the old one back.

2) 5 Day Pack – from what I understand it was loaded up and got caught on something.  The client was not in need of it for a bit so it was sent to TAG and they fixed it.

3) Plate Carrier – After a second tour the elastic adjustment started to become worn. TAG shipped new panels up to us priority.

So to sum it up, yes, TAG has an unlimited lifetime warranty on the gear, not the client, so if you bought a TAG rig off the original owner, the gear is still covered, unlike others above.

Gene is really good.  If you have a problem with an HSGI item just let the dealer know who you bought it from or contact HSGI directly.

Back