• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tactical Decision Game on Army.ca?

Would you be interested in participating to a Tactical Decision Game on Army.ca?

• Total voters

MdB

Inactive
Reaction score
Definition: Tactical Decision Games (TDGs) are exercises designed to increase the understanding of military tactics and decision-making.

I discovered TDG when I was browsing on the Marine Corps Gazette website and I found there's a community around it. Not only Marines post TDGs, but military around the world. Here are the Marine Corps Gazette TDGs.

You can find fonts and tools to create maps to use with TDG here: www.mapsymbs.com .

I thought we could create something similar on Army.ca based on experience and knowledge of the Army.ca community.

Let us know what you think about this. If it is realistic and or workable. How it would be? First off, I'd suggest to create an independent category(ies) just for this.

Don't really have time to make a game but I would definitely be interested in participating.

I would definatly be interested in participating in a TDC game but I doubt that my experience would allow me to do much more than try.
UBIQUE!!!

it would be a good way to learn from different people their way of thinking, and it would be a nice database for us, hopefully not the ennemy

Check this out: Madman at the Checkpoint by Cavalry Captain Patrik Schaathun, Norwegian Army.

This one, even though in military setting, does not require any military knowledge, only common sense. (I read the solution though, ;))

Before choosing No... answer, read that one.

Edit: Link repaired.

Would you then guys be ready to create a new TDG category?

I had a hard time finding the solution. I mean, the web page with the solution. :D
http://www.mca-marines.org/Gazette/0805prevtdg.html

I like doing this kind of game. I'll bookmark the site

Zarathustra said:
I had a hard time finding the solution. I mean, the web page with the solution. :D
http://www.mca-marines.org/Gazette/0805prevtdg.html

I like doing this kind of game. I'll bookmark the site

In fact, the sad thing is that they publish online only the solution 2 months after it's posted and then deleted it. You have to save it.

If you want the solution of the TDG I gave in example, here's a summary:

As squad leader (equivalent of section), you order LCpl Jones to keep it cool and to not move. You order the squad to keep their weapon low. You say to the madman that he can enter his car and leave.

After he's departed, you contact squad headquarter and tell them to let the car pass and thereafter to deploy the motorized QRF to block the road for southbound traffic and let go northbound traffic.

You contact 2nd platoon at the south roadblock and describe the madman's car. You tell them to be ready to fire because the man is armed.  If the car turns about he's gonna be between 2nd platoon and HQ QRF. That way, you don't endanger unnecessarily your men and 2nd platoon will be in much better position to deal with the man who maybe will have the time to cooldown.

That solution is just plain common sense and does't need any specific military training to come up with.

I think this could add something to Army.ca.

Back