• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"tape" on grohmann knife

calno

Reaction score
    In cadets we do some work with engineers and I have noticed that on the sheaths of their grohmann they have what looks like tape, correct me if I am wrong. Just interested.

Thanks

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
calno said:
    In cadets we do some work with engineers and I have noticed that on the sheaths of their grohmann they have what looks like tape, correct me if I am wrong. Just interested.

Thanks
Yes we do have gun tape on the sheaths of our knives.
Due to the variety of jobs we do,the tape comes in very handy at times.
We learnt it from Red Green. ;)

AlphaCharlie

Reaction score
what exactly is guntape? Is it like black duct tape? or is it more like electrical tape?

Korus

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
It's just Olive Drab duct tape. I'm not a sapper, but I too love it and carry it in my webbing..

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
It is usually 1 inch gun tape on the sheath.   It has the same purpose for Engineers as it would have had for Pioneers.

The 2 inch roll is never far (buttpack on the old webbing), and every section has its 4 inch roll.

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
4 inch is the standard bridge fix'n width.  ;D

Fraser.g

Reaction score
I thought the gum was for fixing holes in the MFR/MFB

By the way I was a Sapper in my former life.

Danjanou

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
No no gum is/was used to fix holes in the hulls of DDHs. 4" tape is to fix holes in the wings of heads of states pers. aircraft.

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Na, we use the chewy to patch our" Wellies,Sapper,C1 for the use of." ;)