• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TERROR AND ANTI TERROR WEBSITES

54/102 CEF

Inactive
Reaction score
There is enough venom in the first site to keep the little wars of the Mid East going for a million years.

one man`s freedom fighter is another man`s terrorist HAMAS http://www.alqassam.info/english/

The SITE Institute http://www.siteinstitute.org/mission.html Through continuous and intensive examination of extremist websites, public records, and international media reports, as well as through undercover work on both sides of the Atlantic, the SITE Institute swiftly locates links among terrorist entities and their supporters.

Or so they say

interesting yet terifying :eek: puts a new perspective on things for me, thanks for the links
-cheers :skull:

Fending off terror minister's 'top priority'
Canada, U.S. have divergent takes on security, Lapierre says

JIM BRONSKILL
CANADIAN PRESS

OTTAWA - The federal transport czar's "worst nightmare" is the chilling prospect of a terrorist strike on the United States via Canada.

Jean Lapierre fears Canada "could be used as a springboard" to assault its southern neighbour â ” an event that would paralyse the border and cause untold economic fallout.

"That's what I'm trying to avoid, and this is my top priority as minister of Transport," Lapierre told The Canadian Press in an interview.

"Obviously, they would close the borders and things like that, and that would have a major impact," he said.

"That's my worst nightmare."

Canada has long been perceived by critics as a convenient staging ground for extremists seeking to raise money, forge documents and plan operations abroad.

Since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States, the federal government has earmarked more than $8 billion for improving intelligence gathering, policing, and security at border crossings, seaports and airports.

Auditor General Sheila Fraser has pointedly questioned some of these efforts and the Senate security committee has noted numerous holes in Canada's anti-terrorism net.

In opinion polls, Canadians often rank security concerns well below other priorities such as health care, the economy and the environment.

Lapierre said Canadians and Americans see the issue of national security differently.

"We have to adjust, because we were never a nation that was worried about its own security," he said.

"We don't have a culture of security here. We've been pretty easygoing on it. And I think we've got to learn fast."

That's one reason Lapierre is planning to visit Israel to take a first-hand look at its renowned security apparatus, including extraordinarily tight air passenger screening.

"When I travel here, people talk to me a lot about their system and they say they close all the loopholes and everything. And I want to see it for myself."

Lapierre interprets Canadians' relative lack of concern about security not as indifference but as evidence they believe the state will look out for the safety of its people.

"I think they're counting on government and that's why I take that responsibility fully," he said.

The duty extends not only to Canadians "but also to our neighbours that may be targets. And you want to be sure that you protect your side of the border."

The usually loquacious minister said little when asked whether the volume of terrorist "chatter" being picked up by spy services had increased recently.

The government has been criticized for not moving quickly enough to implement air security measures.

Electronic screening of of all baggage and cargo loaded aboard flights is due to be in place next year. Only a percentage is currently scanned.

"The number is improving as fast as we get the equipment. It's climbing," Lapierre insisted.

Canadians should feel confident when they fly, he added.

"Obviously, you'll never have 100-per-cent security. I mean, there's always a risk management. But I think Canada's airports are some of the safest in the world." he said.

"We're improving the system, we're looking at all the new technologies and anything we can do to improve, we do."

Back