• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 60 mm hypervelocity gun

Clément Barbeau Vermet

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I whant to know it it is be possible to extend the range of this weapon (up to 4 km) and and to give it enough firepower to pierce the armor of modern MBTs. I searched on google and find nothing. There was a good link on CASR but I never read it and now it is unavaileble. The ideas that come to my minde are to fit a longer barrel and to devellop a cinetik enegy round (if no alleredy done). What do you guys know (do not tell me the twin TOW lunch tubes)?
                                                                      Thank you, Clément

But why?

LOSAT has been shrunk to a 1M size - it can be bolted on LAVIII, and apparently fitted into the FCS.

We need a local area supression system -- kinda wonder why we got rid of the HEI rounds for the 25mm????

HEI will be making a coome back in the near future, seems that they were a good thing after all....go figure.Some times I wonder about these so called SMEs ::)

HEI-T: High Explosive Incendiary with Tracer

Used to engage targets outside the range of the 7.62mm Coaxial MG

Good question.   I think that applied more to the flamethrower.   The HEI-T is more like firing a bunch of M-203 rounds approx. 2400 meters.

This is a link to the ICRC 1980's War Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons.  It does mention the flamethrower and napalm.

http://www.icrc.org/web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/htmlall/57JNXR/$FILE/1980_CCW.en.pdf?OpenElement

Back