• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The real Rambo...well sort of!

noneck

Inactive
Reaction score
From Miltaryphotos.net....awesome tache! Dude sorta looks like Burton Cummings!

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129309

Skegness = Hope, BC

Noneck

Medtech-

I don't know about sad, but definitely suspicious, would you trust "Walter" Rambo with your kids? He's got the look of a public washroom stalker!

Noneck

noneck said:
Medtech-

I don't know about sad, but definitely suspicious, would you trust "Walter" Rambo with your kids? He's got the look of a public washroom stalker!

Noneck

Sad and scary then... because something really isn't right about that...

MedTech said:
Wow... that's pretty sad...

Good Gawd! You're bloody well right!

Sad is an understatement. Wheres the knife?? Ha!

Mini-maglite on dogtag chain, and head band too- SCAREY!!! Rambo quote of the day 'he drew first blood not me'

The new RAMBO movie opened here Australia wide on 21 Feb. 'Live for nothing...or Die for somethng' is the latest 'make my day' line.

True story. Helmets on please!!

In 18 Bty, 10 Fd Regt in Regina, dateline 1978, the had a guy named Smith, a geeky Erchel looking (will always have to pay for sex) wierd phucking individual, who was a humongoid fan of Emergency, you know, that old 70's LAFD paramedic TV show with characters John Gauge and Roy Desoto. Remember Dixie the nurse??? Squad 51, KMG 365! Shit, thats imprinted in my brain after 30yrs.

Well, he changed his name to Roy Desoto, became the laughing stock of the Grn! Disappeared silently in shame, and was filtered into a certain RCHA unit in Shilo.

Now that was a war story that needed to be told, and I feel better now.

Helmets off.

Cheers,

Wes

EDIT: Where is the Rambo scar on his left cheek? Why do I know this? FOXTEL had a Rambofest of all three movies on TV last weekend, and yes I did watch them, back to back! Forgive me. Bored, tropical heat etc. I was temporarily insane, a weak moment. I survived Washington state, Viet Nam and Afghanistan, not one flashback! Truly cheaply entertained for several hours.

Hey, it was the early 70's and Saskatchewan in the winter. I was too young for a girlfriend, although I tried. I did have to occupy my school evenings, and with only 2 channels, CBKRT Moose Jaw, and CKCK TV Regina to choose from, and a guy could only handle so much Don Messer and Bruno Gurussi!

Its like admitting to the 1960's Mr Dressup, Chez Helen, and watching Rusty the rooster and Gerome the giraffe on a certain Cdn GIANT program (CBC). Hope I am not dating myself.

If you understand that, than you can also relate to watching a young Valerie Bertinelli on One Day at A Time.

She was hot! Ya, and so was her TV mom 'Bonnie', she was always braless - ALWAYS  ;D

Wesley  Down Under said:
Hey, it was the early 70's and Saskatchewan in the winter. I was too young for a girlfriend, although I tried.

It like admitting to the 1960's Mr Dressup, Chez Helen, and watching Rusty the rooster and Gerome the giraffe on a certain Cdn GIANT program (CBC). Hope I am not dating myself.

If you understand that, than you can also relate to watching a young Valerie Bertinelli on One Day at A Time.

She was hot! Ya, adn so was her TV mom 'Bonnie', she was always braless - ALWAYS  ;D

LOL unfortunately Wes, you are dating yourself. The only reason why I've watched Emergency is because of the big following, it's weird I know... from the BCAS crews :D Nothing weirder then Paramedics watching a show about DATED paramedicine and LOVING it ;D

Wesley  Down Under said:
Holy shyte, over!

I'm just a little off center....(to the right in the pic)

He gave an amazing presentation on the development of Paramedicine in the States.

And I believe he likes Rambo (so as not to completely hijack this thread)

I can hear the show's theme music in my head RIGHT NOW - better go chuck on some Green Day to spare my sanity.

At first the scariest part of that article was "as he patrols through the town in full military get-up and bandana" but then this seems to be the reporter's comment and not Mr Rambo's (aka Stephen O'Rourke).  But then I did some reading up and now I can't help but feel a bit sorry for this admittedly disabled, diabetic man who has spent 20 years trying to emulate his hero.

(data source: page five - http://www.longhurst-group.org.uk/longhurst_homes/downloads/lha_newsletter_mar06.pdf )

If his goal is to help people to live more securely then there is some irony in the fact that he has set a perfect example of what not to do on the internet. Within five minutes I had his cell phone, home phone, address, Date of birth, a copy of his passport, and the name of the housing project he lives in as well as how long he has lived there. So perhaps Mr. Rambo has helped in a way - by teaching others some respect for the internet.  

That's my 2 cents.

I'm guessing the Air Training Corps is similar to cadets? Or is it more like reserves? Can you imagine this guy instructing Air Cadets? We'd be overloaded with a bunch of gliding assassins.

benny88 said:
I'm guessing the Air Training Corps is similar to cadets? Or is it more like reserves? Can you imagine this guy instructing Air Cadets? We'd be overloaded with a bunch of gliding assassins.

ATC is similar to Air Cadets here in Canada.... but honestly... MUCH MUCH Cooler...

MedTech said:
ATC is similar to Air Cadets here in Canada.... but honestly... MUCH MUCH Cooler...

With Instructors like Rambo there, no wonder. 8)

benny88 said:
  With Instructors like Rambo there, no wonder. 8)

Yeah.... for sure... do you know anything about the ATC? John Rambo wanna be aside, it's head and shoulders above ours in many respects and not so well in others.

MedTech said:
Yeah.... for sure... do you know anything about the ATC? John Rambo wanna be aside, it's head and shoulders above ours in many respects and not so well in others.

No, I don't. I didn't claim to so sorry, I didn't mean to offend.

Back