• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Royal Canadian Regiment 125 Commemorative Bayonet

Michael OLeary

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
The Royal Canadian Regiment
125 Commemorative Bayonet

125bayonet_700px.jpg

Available only to serving and retired members of the Regiment, see below for eligibility criteria.

A limited edition commemorative bayonet, modelled after the C7 bayonet, will be produced to mark 125 years of service of The Royal Canadian Regiment. This full size commemorative bayonet, with an etched, Parkerized, carbon steel blade, and an inlaid handle, will be the Regiment's 125th anniversary commemorative item for all Royal Canadians.

Distribution will begin in the early summer of 2008.

Price: $50 (includes all taxes and shipping)

Information sheet and Order Form. (pdf)

* To order the 125 Commemorative Bayonet, you must be:
          o If currently serving in the Regiment, paying the current recommended rates for the Voluntary Contributions Program.
          o If retired or remustered, a member of The RCR Association (See "Who Can Join").
          o All orders are subject to review of Regimental and Association records to confirm membership.
    * Each Royal Canadian may purchase only one Commemorative Bayonet.
    * Payment for bayonets is required when ordering to cover costs of manufacture and shipping.

TO PLACE AN ORDER (See the order form for required information):

online:
    The RCR Kit Shop
by telephone:
    (519) 660-5275, ext 5332
by mail:
    The RCR Kit Shop, 701 Oxford St East, London, ON, N5Y 4T7

RELEASE, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT

WARNING - KNIVES ARE SHARP!

The Royal Canadian Regiment does not warrant that a person may legally purchases, possess, or carry this specific item, according to local, provincial or federal laws. By purchasing this item the purchaser agrees that he/she is in compliance with the laws of their country of residence and is legally able to purchase and or possess this item. Furthermore the seller of this item makes no representations or warranty, express or implied, as to any matter not expressly provided herein, including without limitation, the design, condition or fitness of the item for any particular purpose. All claims of liability are agreed by the purchaser to be disputed solely with the manufacturer. The seller's liability shall be limited to the purchase price of this item. By acceptance of this item the purchaser agrees that the seller shall have no liability to the purchaser or any party for any claim, loss, damage, injury or expense arising from handling, us, display or storage of the item. THIS ITEM IS FOR DISPLAY AND COMMEMORATIVE USES ONLY!

Pro Patria

ProPat

Your Unit kit shop will be taking orders soon as this is a regimental activity. I believe the RHQ will take all the orders processed by the Unit kit shops.

Correct me if I am wrong Mr O'leary.

All orders need to be sent to the Regimental Store.

There will be a wooden stand included with each bayonet, i will post photos this week.

125bayonet_175px.jpg

So orders will not be taken at respective Kit Shops then?

HitorMiss said:
So orders will not be taken at respective Kit Shops then?

Not at this time.  Unless any of the unit kit shops has made an arrangement with the Regimental Store to accept orders for forwarding to London.  I will, however, look into this possibility.

It might be a bit easier then trying to get members in the Bn's to order it themselves. KISS should be the rule when dealing with us lowly lazy grunts LMAO  ;)

Was wondering if the bayonet itself is a genuine US made M7 (US manufacturer is on the cross piece), then custom engraved, or is it a cast copy of a M7. I can't tell with the pics.

This is a very nice presentation piece! Looking forward to seeing one it its display stand.

Regards,

Wes

The Regiments did make approaches to be represented on commemorative coins and stamps, I know that we weren't chosen for the 2008 stamp series, but have not heard back on the coin yet.  There is no joint initiative for a regimentally produced commemorative.

Wesley  Down Under said:
Was wondering if the bayonet itself is a genuine US made M7 (US manufacturer is on the cross piece), then custom engraved, or is it a cast copy of a M7. I can't tell with the pics.

Wes, it's not a genuine bayonet, but a replica produced for this commemorative purposes.  We've matched the profile of the real bayonet as closely as possible, except that it will not have functional mounting hardware at the base of the handle.

Thanks for the pics and info on the bayonet.

Regards,

Wes

All Royal Canadians are advised that orders for the 125 Commemorative Bayonet are still being accepted.

Call or e-mail the Regimental Kit Shop - (519) 660 - 5332

http://thercr.ca/general/regimental_store.htm

Back