• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Things people have yelled at you in the street (in uniform)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Inactive
Reaction score
...or otherwise said to you.

I thought this might be a fun one.  I've been posted in an urban setting for no more than two weeks and already:

• someone has yelled at me, in essence calling me a terrorist ...it was a quick but very public episode.
  • fawned over me and told me they were proud of what I am doing for the country (which is nothing yet).
  • called me sexy and said they liked the uniform (..and yes she was very easy on the eyes, and chatty and charming and ooh la la ..I digress)

In my experience most people just stare (which is understandable really as it is out of the ordinary), but it seems that when it elicits a reaction it's a strong one.

(I've since stopped wearing it to and from work.)

Anyone else?

This has been done a few times already. Please do a search. Be proud of the uniform you wear, ignore opportunistic, ignorant, self serving assholes. Quietly. humbly and genuinely thank those that honestly compliment you. That's all that can be expected of you. Putting flowers on us and making us look like the saviours of the world is te PAFFO's job. They're just not very good at it. ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back