• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Townhall Discussion 30OCT06

MPIKE

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_1_1.asp?id=1371
Feedback - Email this article to a friend 

Chat with the boss
Thursday, October 26, 2006

Calling all Army Reservists! You are invited to attend the first live, Web town hall session with Brigadier-General Dennis Tabbenor, Director General Land Reserve (DGL Res), on 30 October. He will be available from 18:30 to 22:00 EST and wants to hear from you.

The town halls will be held in the Your Voice section of the Website.

BGen Tabbenor wants to use this first town hall to find out what you want to discuss. What are the Army Reserve issues that are important to you?

The DGL Res will hold more Web town halls based on the areas of concern you choose; he plans to bring in the subject matter experts accordingly.

Remember the town hall sessions will not replace your chain of command.

To attend the town hall, you must first register by clicking here.

Fill out your information in the required fields. Please note that you must identify which unit you belong to but you do not have to give your first and last name. Once you have completed the registration process, you will receive an email to verify your email address.

You can then access the discussion forum at http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/army/forum/.

FYI..hopefully it will be productive and some dialogue will be generated.  Certainly new way of reaching out..

[Edited to add LINKS.]

Nice idea.  I hope it doesen't turn into a bitch session from some anonymous posters.

Crantor said:
Nice idea.  I hope it doesen't turn into a ***** session from some anonymous posters.
I'm sure that there is a very capable means of identifying those who forget who they are addressing.. Like here, no one is completely anonymous.

Well there hasn't been any forum update at this location other than title alone.  I'm not sure of its intent.  Maybe to confirm LFRR phase 2 states?..

Does anyone have insight into the reasons why the general has taken to this  venue as means for discussion??

Cheers,

PIKER said:
Does anyone have insight into the reasons why the general has taken to this  venue as means for discussion??

Why not log in yourself and ask him?

PIKER said:

Cheers,

Folks getting in tune with the times?

Other commanders have done variations of this before.  Plus it's an easy way to get in touch with reserves all at once whereas traveling to each and every amouries would take an incredible amount of time.

MJP said:
Other commanders have done variations of this before.  Plus it's an easy way to get in touch with reserves all at once whereas traveling to each and every amouries would take an incredible amount of time.

That's true.  Plus soldiers will be more inclined to diplomatically ask pointed questions than they would be while sitting next to their CSM in the Armoury.  Despite knowing there is no true anonymity, there is also no peer pressure either.

That being said, if there is to be more opportunitues like this I would caution everyone to THINK BEFORE YOU POST.  One or three ignoramuses posting "shyte" will quite certainly ensure that this type of town hall never happens again.

Back