• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Traffic Tech Crse Sept 2007

pylon

Inactive
Reaction score
My first post on the new Air-Force.ca and I was looking find out if there are others who will be attending the Sept 07 Traffic Tech QL3 course.  Signing my offer tomorrow morning and off to PRETC next week. (Component Transfer)

Cheers,

kc

I'll be joinin you. See yah in PRETC.  You'll love it :eek: ::)

Just a question. Are Traffic Tech's all Air now or they still land as well? They got me down as land still

They are both still land and air, the ratio is approx. 80% air - 20% land.

I will be in PRETC June 17th.. What a fantastic Father's Day present....  argh..

kc

Thanks. I didn't know. They change a lot of people to Air now a days so I just was wondering. You'll probably go crazy sitting in PRETC and to be honest you won't even be there that long.

fire_guy686 said:
You'll probably go crazy sitting in PRETC and to be honest you won't even be there that long.

And on that note, even better news today... Have confirmation of OJT after I do my in-clearance in Borden.  I'll miss painting rocks with the guys for 2 months.. sniff, sniff.. lol

kc

I'm on a long term tasking until about a week or so before the course. Plus I'll be on leave for a bit when my baby arrives. I can honestly say I don't miss the place

Hey guys....is there any difference between an airforce TFC TECH and an army TFC TECH?  Do the army guys tend to get posted to army bases and or different types of work as compared to Aiforce?
  I just notices on the recruiting website today, that they have a brand new job video to the trade, and it looks great!
C.O.D. :cdn:

Difference between going on an air base vice an army base is the nature of the Job. Supporting Land operations Vice Air.
IF you get the chance to go to an Air Base JUMP. Trenton or Cold Lake are very busy and you get a lot of exposure to the various aspects of the job.

I knew that Trenton was a busy place for Traffic techs, but whats happening in Cold Lake to make it a busy place for the trade?

Cold Lake had Maple Flag Every year plus having a couple of Squadrons up there that deploy every month or so makes it busy too. Great place to get exposure to different types of AC.

CallOfDuty said:
  I knew that Trenton was a busy place for Traffic techs, but whats happening in Cold Lake to make it a busy place for the trade?

CallOfDuty If you want a lot Deployments right after you finish your Course you have get posed to 2 Air Mov Sqn Trenton.

Sounds good to me!! Thanks Blue Trapper.  Welcome to army.ca
C.O.D. :cdn:

Also,If you want to go flying as a Loadmaster you have to do at least 2 years in 2 Air Mov Sqn (MAMS),now Cpls are flying on C130's as Loadies
Good Luck on your course,welcome to the trade.

Blue Trapper said:
Also,If you want to go flying as a Loadmaster you have to do at least 2 years in 2 Air Mov Sqn (MAMS),now Cpls are flying on C130's as Loadies
Good Luck on your course,welcome to the trade.
WRONG!  You do not have to do your line crew time specifically in Trenton.  There are many LoadMasters who did their Line Crew time in Greenwood, Cold Lake, Winnipeg etc, etc.

WOW banned after 5 posts! Way to Go Blue Trapper.

As for what Gramps says about the loadie thing.  He is correct. No need for just 2 Air Mov time.

We will have a Pte going on your course. She has some OJT  time with us. Nice girl. Very chatty. It will be nice when the course starts. Finally some peace and quiet.  ;D

As well there is another going on his 5's at the same time.

2 things to remember when your on your course.
Do your homework once you get back to your mod.
Never be to proud to ask for help if something eludes you. Whether it be an equation for loadplanning. A procedure for shipping narcotics etc etc.
The only time a dumb question is a dumb question is if its asked too late to do you any good.

mover1 said:
We will have a Pte going on your course. She has some OJT  time with us. Nice girl. Very chatty. It will be nice when the course starts. Finally some peace and quiet.  ;D

As well there is another going on his 5's at the same time.

2 things to remember when your on your course.
Do your homework once you get back to your mod.
Never be to proud to ask for help if something eludes you. Whether it be an equation for loadplanning. A procedure for shipping narcotics etc etc.
The only time a dumb question is a dumb question is if its asked too late to do you any good.

One more thing. Always try to avoid taking advice from Mover1.

Just kidding, sorry Mover1 I couldnt resist.

Gramps

"call me a taxi and tell him if he ain't here in 15 munutes I'm walkin'"

Back