• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transfer to The RHF of C

Dale Turner

Inactive
Reaction score
This is for any members of the RHF of C.  I'm a medic who lives in Waterloo, and have to drive an hour and a bit every Wednesday down to my unit in Hamilton to parade. Now I've been informed that since I live so far away from my home unit that I can be attached to a unit or regiment closer to home. That would be the RHF of C. So my question(s) is, is it worth me transfering to the Fusiliers? What are your parade nights like? What kind of training do you do?

If anybody can give me some insight into the regiment I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Dale

Sorry I don't know much about the RHF but was going to be in your exact position with attaching to another unit for a short period of time. I was informed that you can, only if you plan on attaching for a -maximum- of 6 months.

I wasn't aware that there was a time requirement on the transfer to another unit. However in my case it would be a long term transfer possibly for the duration of my time in the military. I'm a civy paramedic and I need a bit of a change of pace. I'm still wanting to be a medic but more so on the company medic side of things.

Dale Turner said:
This is for any members of the RHF of C. I'm a medic who lives in Waterloo, and have to drive an hour and a bit every Wednesday down to my unit in Hamilton to parade. Now I've been informed that since I live so far away from my home unit that I can be attached to a unit or regiment closer to home. That would be the RHF of C. So my question(s) is, is it worth me transfering to the Fusiliers?
What do you expect my answer to be? ;)
What are your parade nights like? What kind of training do you do?
We parade every thurs night from 1915 to about 2230. Usually training consists of working up to next ex, whatever the focus of that is. Could be anything from reviewing weapons drills to fieldcraft, whatever.
If you're looking for a change, yeah, well, you'll get lots of infantry stuff tossed at you. :)

On side note, 31 CER has a troop in Waterloo, so that is another option. (Though they have recently moved there, so they are quite small)

I've heard about 31 CER moving a sqn to Waterloo but I think I've got a bit of infantry blood in me.

When you go on ex do you have a specific recce det that go on patrols or do you all get a turn at them?

Dale Turner said:
When you go on ex do you have a specific recce det that go on patrols or do you all get a turn at them?
We used to have a recce det, but they got disbanded.

Back