• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trouble applying at 11th Bat (arty) in Hamilton

Doucet3

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody could give me advice, I've applied a couple times in the past 5 months:

the first time I called talk to the recruiter and he said there full and I was on a list (what I'm assuming is for April 1),

Then I hotmailed the unit (I'm guessing which went to the HQ in Guelph and applied again), the recruiter said I was again out of luck they had filled the spots up,

3rd time I called the Guelph HQ and they said there's spots open so I applied and waited for a reply for a month (during which time I called on most parade nights to get an update ... I only got the answering machine everytime I called)

So now I've been in kind of a limbo stuck between I'm guessing 3 recruiters wondering what to do next, I've been on there site 11rca.com (if I remember correctly) and have used every link, still in limbo

Can someone give me some guidance to getting in so I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off

I'm planning on making the trip up to Hamilton (I live by the falls) and was also wondering who info should I bring

Thanks in advance, sorry if my Q's seem uninformed

Doucet3 said:
I'm planning on making the trip up to Hamilton (I live by the falls) and was also wondering who info should I bring

If you live near Niagara Falls (and thus St Catherines) and want to be in the Artillery, have you gotten in touch with 56 Field Regiment RCA?

Lake Street Armoury
81 Lake Street
St. Catharines, Ontario L2R 5X3
Tel: (905) 685-6777

Redeye is correct. Why drive all the way to Hamilton when the 56 Field Regiment RCA is much closer. I know a few of the members myself. They are a great bunch of guys.

The recruiters in St. Catharines are fantastic and will give you all the information you need to know. They are currently open on Monday's and Friday's 8:30-3:30

11th Fd Bty RCA (Hamilton-Wentworth) is a Battery of 11 Fd Regt RCA as is 29th Fd Battery (Guelph).

MC 

Redeye said:
If you live near Niagara Falls (and thus St Catherines) and want to be in the Artillery, have you gotten in touch with 56 Field Regiment RCA?

Lake Street Armoury
81 Lake Street
St. Catharines, Ontario L2R 5X3
Tel: (905) 685-6777

Thank I didn't know they had an Arty reg there I thought it was only Infantry, thank aswell to OBigD for there hours, I applied there for Infantry but they had no spots my buddy is there aswell, does anyone know there website; I've look but haven't found it aswell as there Parade night, Thanks

Another hint when dealing with reserve units.  Show up in person on parade night and ask to speak to a recruiter.  Dont rely on getting them by phone. 

The three things you need are school transcripts, birth certificate and SIN card along with valid ID.  It can be very frustrating, some units only have part time recruiters, and some dont have dedicated recruiters at all.  You have to stay on top of it.

On another note, 56 FD is one of my old units.  A good bunch of guys.  You will enjoy your time there.  If you absolutely cannot get ahold of anyone at the unit, send me a PM.  I know the Ops and Training Officer at the HQ.  He should be able to help out if nobody else will.

Back