• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Bold strategy ....
Western allies are considering whether to allow Russian oligarchs to buy their way out of sanctions and using the money to rebuild Ukraine, according to government officials familiar with the matter.

Canadian Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland proposed the idea at a G-7 finance ministers’ meeting in Germany last week.

Freeland raised the issue after oligarchs spoke to her about it, one official said. The Canadian minister knows some Russian oligarchs from her time as a journalist in Moscow.

The official said the Ukrainians were aware of the discussions. The official said it’s also in the West’s interests to have prominent oligarchs dissociate themselves from Russian President Vladimir Putin while at the same time providing funding for Ukraine.

“We would not be talking about this if there wasn’t some comfort on the part of the Ukrainians,” the official said. “We need to know that it works for them, too.”

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Local media covering local folks helping out in UKR

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
I remember my first contact dearly, I was half way through a Chicken Tetrazzini MRE.. I managed to get dressed, fire up the Bison, and do a radio check, before I realized I hadn't put my MRE down.

I respect his dedication to the chips!
I wouldn't have put it down either. Tetrazzini is one of the few pasta rations that actually taste half decent, in both IMP and MRE form.

aid.png

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Excellent product placement ;)
Bet you can’t eat just one.

But what is the flavour (and of course the brand) that he just can't put down?

Lyuks crisps.jpg

I'm guessing bacon flavour

Spencer100

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
But what is the flavour (and of course the brand) that he just can't put down?

View attachment 71056

I'm guessing bacon flavour

Crab? Lamb? And Sour Cream and Mushroom! Need to try some of those!