• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, he's had a lot to say the last day or two ...

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score

Attachments

• 297.jpeg
    297.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
Good on him.

I had thought on & off about applying in the early stages of the conflict, especially after the Bucha massacre. One night after reading of some of the atrocities, I went to bed and felt a sense of calm peace resonate when I had ‘decided’ it was time to stop reading & start doing - and get myself over there.

Obviously I didn’t end up going, nor even googling how to apply…

Huge respect for the folks who actually followed through and stepped up, especially those with families. Good on them

Maxman1

Reaction score
A buddy from my unit quit and joined what turned to be a warlord group. He's since left and joined the actual Ukrainian Army. Apparently he's now Ukrainian VDV.

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
A buddy from my unit quit and joined what turned to be a warlord group. He's since left and joined the actual Ukrainian Army. Apparently he's now Ukrainian VDV.
I wish I could use 😂❤️😅🤨🤨🤨 emojis…

Your body is definitely gonna have some good stories to tell

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Actually found out this week my wife's cousin left the CAF and is now in the foreign legion. Was a reserve runner in Vancouver, no idea what his wife thought.....

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
A buddy from my unit quit and joined what turned to be a warlord oligarch-funded freedom fighter/defender group ...
These kind of groups helped keep the bad guys at bay in 2014, too - although the professional army is loads better now.

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score

Infanteer

Staff member
Directing Staff
Donor
Reaction score
Clearly, Sweden and Finland, as fellow hockey loving countries, used their links through the hockey arena to shape this.

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Everyone feeling the "major stir" RUS state media's talking about?
Screenshot 2022-07-05 151547.jpg

RaceAddict

Reaction score
Everyone feeling the "major stir" RUS state media's talking about?

19e2td3afzx2vjpg.jpg

MilEME09

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
As a result of the war in Ukraine Latvia has reintroduced mandatory military service