• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

uniforms

• Thread starter Thread starter fuzzy navel
  • Start date Start date
F

fuzzy navel

do we get uniforms when  sworn in? or do they gotta order them?

You'll get combats and measured for your DEUs at the same time. Combats are size based and DEUs are altered to fit you better.

You'll be fitted with off-the-rack clothing.

Part of the clothing entitlement is to have your dress uniform tailored at the base tailor within the first year, and it's best to wait until after your basic and MOC training. For Regular Force, after that first year, you're responsible for new dress (DEU) uniforms at your own expense, and you'll get $17.05 every month on your pay towards that clothing upkeep.

Reservists can exchange all uniform items, but do not get a clothing upkeep allowance.

i dunno about regs but in reserve i got mine a few days after i was in, they give you stuff off the racks that fits you half decent and they send you on your way.Gotta love olive drab =p. Do they give the solid greens to the reg force recruits too? they gave us the new cadpat ones after we finished SQ.

You have to be a bit diligent when they are fitting you. I know you want to take pity on the poor supply tech who has a hundred guys to outfit, but make sure the stuff fits well. On my QL2 we had a guy just take a set of boots, try them on and said that they were fine, they were three sizes too big and he suffered for it. He was trying to move the line along but paid a hefty price for it.

Cheers

jmackenzie_15 said:
i dunno about regs but in reserve i got mine a few days after i was in, they give you stuff off the racks that fits you half decent and they send you on your way.Gotta love olive drab =p. Do they give the solid greens to the reg force recruits too? they gave us the new cadpat ones after we finished SQ.

i got CADPAT for my basic... and a nice tactical vest too   :P

better not lose the TV... or you have to pay for it ($300  :o)

I lost 4 Gerbers while I was in, all in the "Dry" training area in Gagetown.....swamps...I started leaving the damn thing at home because they get expensive to replace, it was the only thing I ever lost

Da_man said:
jmackenzie_15 said:

i got CADPAT for my basic... and a nice tactical vest too   :P

better not lose the TV... or you have to pay for it ($300   :o)

That's because you're in the east. We get screwed out here in the west.

You'll get sized for your gear either before course or just after it starts.

Pte Dorthy said:
Combats come in two sizes.....2 Small and 2 big hehehe

mine were too small and too big :( ,  luckily i can wear a belt... but size 26 boxers are a joke.  Anyone know if you have to wear the green boxers on course?

Private Jimbo said:
Pte Dorthy said:
Combats come in two sizes.....2 Small and 2 big hehehe

mine were too small and too big :( ,   luckily i can wear a belt... but size 26 boxers are a joke.   Anyone know if you have to wear the green boxers on course?

They don't do underwear inspections, so wear what you want.

Wear whichever underwear you want, but make sure you bring the issue for in your locker during inspections.

k, I probally would have brought them anyways, I knew they gave them to me for a reason :)

Back