• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualwog

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
jofafa said:
There was one offer in Trenton UTPNCM don't know which trade but not LOG. They said sometimes the members know before the PSO office so..

Occasionally I'm sure that happens. Apparently the message is supposed to go to your message center/OR, as well as the BPSO. Still waiting for LOG, fingers crossed.
 

nordi

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm in Trenton, when I spoke to BPSO early week there was only 1 offer for the PSO trade.
 

sheilainthevalley

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
nordi said:
I'm in Trenton, when I spoke to BPSO early week there was only 1 offer for the PSO trade.

The UTP-NCM offer I heard (for PSO) was in Cold Lake. Maybe they're the first trade to cut their messages? Hopefully we'll all hear soon. I don't think there's any reason to be discouraged at this stage in the game -- we're still early.

I'm definitely keeping my eye out for offers though. It gives you an idea if you should start to feel disappointed yet...
 

nordi

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Does anyone know the number of applicants vs available slots for each trade this year?
 

virtualwog

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
nordi said:
Does anyone know the number of applicants vs available slots for each trade this year?

I received my info for LOG, 15 positions and 16 applicants, from the BPSO during my interview.
 

MasterInstructor

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
virtualwog said:
I received my info for LOG, 15 positions and 16 applicants, from the BPSO during my interview.

This is not correct. Please do not keep repeating it. Either you misunderstood what you were told or the BPSO had no idea what they were talking about.

There is also no way of knowing how many people have applied at the point of your interview as some people may not even had their interviews yet or had their files processed after your interview. I had my interview on Jan 10th for example. 
 

virtualwog

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
MasterInstructor said:
This is not correct. Please do not keep repeating it. Either you misunderstood what you were told or the BPSO had no idea what they were talking about.

There is also no way of knowing how many people have applied at the point of your interview as some people may not even had their interviews yet or had their files processed after your interview. I had my interview on Jan 10th for example.

I am giving you the answer he gave me, and it was the answer to my question of what my odds were of getting an offer. Specifically I detailed that I was aware the positions were very competitive, and was curious to know what the standings were, and he obliged. I found my interviewer to be very courteous, and have no reason to doubt his knowledge over the personnel selection field based on speculations from others.

I am aware people can be misinformed, and if that is the case then I will apologize. Certainly any number of factors could have been unaccounted for when he provided that answer, but I am not in a position to say what was and was not considered. I'm a logical person, and will bow down in the face of evidence. However, at this time, I have no qualms against standing by what I was told.

It is completely possible to know the number of applicants, as the competition closed for submissions in January (31st), and my interview was in early/mid February. The likelihood of there being more applicant files after the deadline, is significantly less than the odds of files currently submitted being written off because of missing qualifications/improper submissions.
 

MasterInstructor

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
virtualwog said:
I am giving you the answer he gave me, and it was the answer to my question of what my odds were of getting an offer. Specifically I detailed that I was aware the positions were very competitive, and was curious to know what the standings were, and he obliged. I found my interviewer to be very courteous, and have no reason to doubt his knowledge over the personnel selection field based on speculations from others.

I am aware people can be misinformed, and if that is the case then I will apologize. Certainly any number of factors could have been unaccounted for when he provided that answer, but I am not in a position to say what was and was not considered. I'm a logical person, and will bow down in the face of evidence. However, at this time, I have no qualms against standing by what I was told.

It is completely possible to know the number of applicants, as the competition closed for submissions in January (31st), and my interview was in early/mid February. The likelihood of there being more applicant files after the deadline, is significantly less than the odds of files currently submitted being written off because of missing qualifications/improper submissions.


From the bottom of my heart I hope you’re correct. I just emailed my BPSO to inquire about this information. I will report back
 

HiTek

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
virtualwog said:
I am giving you the answer he gave me, and it was the answer to my question of what my odds were of getting an offer. Specifically I detailed that I was aware the positions were very competitive, and was curious to know what the standings were, and he obliged. I found my interviewer to be very courteous, and have no reason to doubt his knowledge over the personnel selection field based on speculations from others.

I am aware people can be misinformed, and if that is the case then I will apologize. Certainly any number of factors could have been unaccounted for when he provided that answer, but I am not in a position to say what was and was not considered. I'm a logical person, and will bow down in the face of evidence. However, at this time, I have no qualms against standing by what I was told.

It is completely possible to know the number of applicants, as the competition closed for submissions in January (31st), and my interview was in early/mid February. The likelihood of there being more applicant files after the deadline, is significantly less than the odds of files currently submitted being written off because of missing qualifications/improper submissions.


Well if you are correct and I reject LOG for another trade offer than you will all get in this year!

I can confirm as of yesterday that there are no offers for LOG in my OR yet, only offer here for UTPNCM so far is one for INF. I am in the NCR.
 

nordi

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Based on previous experience, since the canforgen states 18-May, I'm expecting that the bulk of offers will be delivered closer to that date..
 
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Morning All,

Just to throw some fuel on the fire, LOG messages are starting to come out. We had an offer for LOG AIR come in last Wednesday here in Shearwater (I'm HRA).

I'm waiting to hear on PAO for myself, fingers crossed for all of you!
 

eorceme

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
nordi said:
Based on previous experience, since the canforgen states 18-May, I'm expecting that the bulk of offers will be delivered closer to that date..
May 18 is a reference to the month of May year 2018, so they have until the end of the month to be considered on time as per the canforgen.
 

nordi

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
You are correct. I read it wrong, now I have more than 3 weeks to bite my nails lol.
 

virtualwog

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Roughneck_JRico said:
Morning All,

Just to throw some fuel on the fire, LOG messages are starting to come out. We had an offer for LOG AIR come in last Wednesday here in Shearwater (I'm HRA).

I'm waiting to hear on PAO for myself, fingers crossed for all of you!

Consider the fuel ignited. I'm waiting for LOG AIR in Shearwater, but am currently away from my unit...somehow I don't think that message is mine. This is only my first attempt.
 

MasterInstructor

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
virtualwog said:
Consider the fuel ignited. I'm waiting for LOG AIR in Shearwater, but am currently away from my unit...somehow I don't think that message is mine. This is only my first attempt.

Well that is exciting, good luck! Although, I am confused why you do not think the message is not yours? 16 applicants and 15 positions. What are the chances of you being that 1 person who did not get it, especially when combined with the odds that out of the 16, another person also applied for Log Air from Shearwater.... Not to mention your CFAT score is much higher than mine... ;) Statistically, if the information is correct, that offer is pretty much yours :)
 

virtualwog

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
MasterInstructor said:
Well that is exciting, good luck! Although, I am confused why you do not think the message is not yours? 16 applicants and 15 positions. What are the chances of you being that 1 person who did not get it, especially when combined with the odds that out of the 16, another person also applied for Log Air from Shearwater.... Not to mention your CFAT score is much higher than mine... ;) Statistically, if the information is correct, that offer is pretty much yours :)

Well I'll try to be optimistic about it, but I'm thinking more like if it's the first offer released, it's likely someone who has already applied previously...and if there is a message for me I think it would be more like the 12th or 13th of the 15 messages. I'm not the only person to apply from Shearwater, but it is my first time so I figure an offer would be later on, after the other person.

Honestly, still holding onto the optimism that what I was told is correct, as well. No offense to you, but if I look at it from your point of view, it's a little depressing. I don't want to start worrying and getting down in the dumps about it, probably why I'm so defensive. So I'll keep upbeat and wait to see what comes.
 
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Good Morning all,

Just thought I would chime in after being selected last year for Log-Sea (UTPNCM) on my first attempt. With the dinner bell calling, I can remember too well how jittery or on edge you all are to find out. I just thought I would highlight and stress the important things to get picked, and if you don't what to improve on.

1.) The single most important thing is your CFAT score. Find it out, and better it!!! After getting picked, I had three or four PM`s that were the same thing. "hey MaritimeMogul, congrats on getting picked. My CFAT score was 40/60, and the PSO says its an average score.... do you think its good enough?" The long and short of the answer in my opinion is NO!.... The cutoff (in raw score is 38/60) which is average and plenty of people can apply with that score. The CFAT is worth 60% of your score, and it conveniently has 60 questions... Get my drift?

Not to be a buzz kill, but once I found out my score was average, I decided to challenge the CFAT. I studied long and hard on the internet, at sea during deployment, and even downloaded a paid app (CFAT Trainer) and did the 700 questions on there. Well it paid off as I scored 54/60 on the CFAT and to this day I believe it is the single biggest reason I was picked!

2.) The second important thing in my opinion is to not hold up your career while you wait around to get picked/not. I've read a few people that have turned down promotions to the next rank level? Why, would you do this????????? Take the promotion to MCpl/MS and get your PLQ, make more money, and further pad your pensionable earnings. Not only does it give you a small, but definite one up.... PLQ will prevent you from doing the damned BMOQ mod2. Who wants to go back to St.Jean for a second time?? This guy sure isn't interested in going this summer but being that my education is free, so be it....

I hate to sound so blunt but it has to be said to often is iffy information passed around, and I'll scroll through and read it and shake my head.

I wish you all well and hope you all get picked, but if not keep your head high and improve on these things. Remember if UTPNCM doesn't work out now, its not to say that CFRP wouldn't work out. I had a friend denied all three times he applied for UTPNCM, but got picked on his first attempt at CFRP.

Cheers!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top