• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Army Issue ACU Full Uniform trade, Want Full CADPAT uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Legion

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a Canadian/American, I am currently enlisted in the US Army Reserve, I have an extra ACU, and anyone that has a Full Canadian Uniform(CADPAT) If you include the Camo-covered boots, I will include the boots for the ACU, as I have extra issue. Contact me via PM if you are interested.

~Jared

Jared somehow I don't think anyone will trade a full uniform as we are accountable for them. We can't go to the PX and buy a new one.

As for the cadpat boots I don't think they are in general circulation yet, most of the ones floating around are portotypes.

Perhaps someone could acquire one from an Army Navy Store, or general Military Surplus store, I would really like CADPAT. In hopes someone has one, and can trade, I will post a pic I took recently of it.

acuct0.jpg

Roman Legion said:
Perhaps someone could acquire one from an Army Navy Store, or general Military Surplus store, I would really like CADPAT. In hopes someone has one, and can trade, I will post a pic I took recently of it.

I don't think you seem to understand. Authentic CADPAT is illegal to sell/trade/give away. There are many knock off versions available, however if you want the issued one, the person providing it can go to jail for doing so. Hate to be the downer here.

Edited to add: Feel free to do a search on CADPAT for sale on Ebay on the site, and you will see just how serious an issue this can be.

I had no idea it was Illegal, I do find that quite odd, but certainly is understandable. Ugh, just wish CADPAT was available in local Army Navy Stores, I had to buy my British DPM from the internet. So is it just Issued CADPAT that is illegal to barter off, or any being even that bought in a canadian Military surplus, or Army Navy Store, I ask because I don't really know. Because if only the Issued, surely someone would like like to trade for Army Navy store bought stuff.

Edit> Just talked to my father on the phone, he informed me that it was for the US, as he tried to get genuine US Woodland, and they said it was illegal, but knock off's are not. Ugh, just wish they had anything besides US junk at the Army Navy Store, even a knock off CADPAT.

It has to do with the IR properties on the material. There is a ref to that here on the site, I will look for it for you.

Yes, I know, we have the same IR material on our own. I could still barter though, I have other stuff, I would welcome a knock off one.

Roman Legion said:
I had no idea it was Illegal, I do find that quite odd, but certainly is understandable. Ugh, just wish CADPAT was available in local Army Navy Stores, I had to buy my British DPM from the internet. So is it just Issued CADPAT that is illegal to barter off, or any being even that bought in a canadian Military surplus, or Army Navy Store, I ask because I don't really know. Because if only the Issued, surely someone would like like to trade for Army Navy store bought stuff.

As NFLD Sapper mentioned, it's the IR properties that make it illegal for sale. That being said, there are knock off patterns that are fairly realistic available at local surplus stores. However, if it has a stock code tag on the inside, major no-no. I'm sure someone could find you the fake stuff, it's just not the real thing. Hopefully NFLD Sapper is back soon with the refs. Feel free to take a few minutes to look through them, it's actually a good read, and very much an eye opener.

Best of luck on your search though.

Yeah, meaning I could also get in trouble for trading mine, as we do have IR material as well. Hopefully someone here has a nice rip-off, as these local stores have no 'Foreign' uniforms, just knock off US uniforms, mostly the phased out Woodland. Thanks!

Sorry Jared, I wouldn't be one to know about American uniform regulations with regards to sales. Chances are, if you are getting a funny feeling about getting rid of it, then you may not want to. Last thing you want it to wind up in DB because you were doing something you thought was harmless.

One ref embedded links might not work though:

ArmyVern said:
Geez Michael thanks for the heads up..I'll have to change my locks tomorrow!!  :)

They shouldn't be. Our suppliers are expressly forbidden as part of the contract to get rid of any excess or overruns of CTAT/ITAR items in their contracts as part of the DPA (Defense Production Act). Supplier's of a CTAT/ITAR item have gone through the security process and are also subject to CTAT/ITAR regulations. As these suppliers are indeed manufacturing a controlled good for the CF, they are subject to the DPA. They are still allowed to sell any over-runs or surplus of an uncontrolled item but not any item which is subject to CTAT/ITAR Regulations (that would include the clothing items now for sale on E-Bay):

CTAT:
http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/admfincs/subjects/daod/3003/1_e.asp

For Defense Suppliers:

"Under the Defence Production Act it is an offence for a person who is not registered under that Act to knowingly examine, possess or transfer a controlled good. The registration requirements do not apply to a person who occupies a position in the federal public service or a federal Crown Corporation, or is employed by Her Majesty in right of a province, who acts in good faith in the course of their duties and employment."

For those of us who do occupy posns in the DND or the CF:

"Policy Statement
DND and the CF are committed to demonstrating responsiveness to, and responsibility for, all laws and regulations in respect of controlled goods.

Requirements
DND and the CF must:

ensure that all controlled goods are identified and afforded the necessary level of protection to prevent their unauthorized examination, possession or transfer;

ensure that DND employees and CF members exercise due diligence and permit access to controlled goods only by persons so authorized under the Defence Production Act and the Controlled Goods Regulations; and provide for reporting and investigation if the security of a controlled good is compromised in any way.

Authority
Authority Table The following table identifies the authorities responsible for implementing the policy.

The Vice Chief of the Defence Staff (VCDS)
has the authority to direct that the management of controlled goods be included in business plans.

ADM(Mat)
approve and administer policy for controlled goods."

BinRat55 said:
Found this (if it's on here already my apologies...)

UNAUTHORIZED DISPOSAL OF COMBAT UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT
CANFORGEN 120/02 DSSPM 0089 300845Z OCT 02
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. CANADIAN FORCES SUPPLY MANUAL (CFSM) A-LM-007-014-AG-001 CHAPTER 3 SECTION 2 PARAGRAPH 2
B. CANADIAN FORCES SUPPLY MANUAL (CFSM) A-LM-007-014-AG-001 CHAPTER 28 ANNEX D APPENDIX 13
C. NATIONAL DEFENCE ACT (NDA) PART III CODE OF SERVICE DISCIPLINE SECTION 116

THE PURPOSE OF THIS MSG IS TO REMIND MEMBERS OF REGULATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ILLEGAL SALE OR DISPOSAL OF CROWN ASSETS.

THE INTRODUCTION OF THE CANADIAN DISRUPTIVE PATTERN (CADPAT) HAS RESULTED IN A BLACK MARKET DEMAND FOR CAMOUFLAGE ITEMS WHEREBY CADPAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT HAVE BECOME QUOTE HOT TICKET UNQUOTE COLLECTABLES.

REF A DEFINES COMBAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT AS A QUOTE PERSONAL ALLOTMENT UNQUOTE ACCOUNTED FOR ON AN INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT (IA) AND ARE RETAINED BY INDIVIDUALS AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE TO MEET THE ENTITLEMENT PARAMETERS OF THE APPLICABLE ENTITLEMENT GROUP CODE (EGC). COMBAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT INCLUDING CADPAT ITEMS ARE CROWN ASSETS AND MUST RPT MUST BE SURRENDERED TO THE SUPPLY SYSTEM WHEN ENTITLEMENT NO LONGER EXISTS. SERVICEABLE CADPAT RPT CADPAT ITEMS WILL BE RETAINED AND RE-ISSUED WHILE ITEMS BEYOND ECONOMICAL REPAIR SHALL BE DESTROYED LOCALLY IAW REF B.

NOTWITHSTANDING THE PENALTIES ASSOCIATED WITH UNAUTHORIZED SALE OR DISPOSAL OF COMBAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT AS DETAILED AT REF C, PERSONNEL ARE ALSO REMINDED THAT THE INHERENT CAMOUFLAGE AND NEAR INFRA-RED (IR) CAPABILITY OF CADPAT MATERIAL OR OTHER ITEMS INCORPORATING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY FALLS UNDER FORCE PROTECTION. SUCH CAPABILITY IN THE WRONG OR ENEMY HANDS JEOPARDIZES THE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF CANADIAN TROOPS. CADPAT PATTERNS AND TECHNICAL DATA ARE PATENT AND COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. ADDITIONALLY, THE DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENCE (DND) HAS ACQUIRED THE TRADEMARK FOR EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE CADPAT ACRONYM. MEMBERS ARE ADVISED THAT CADPAT COMBAT CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT IS STILL IN DELIVERY AND EVERY SET COUNTS.

THE DISPOSAL OF COMBAT UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT RESTS WITH DND AND NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WITH THE INDIVIDUAL MEMBER.

Roman Legion said:
Yeah, meaning I could also get in trouble for trading mine, as we do have IR material as well. Hopefully someone here has a nice rip-off, as these local stores have no 'Foreign' uniforms, just knock off US uniforms, mostly the phased out Woodland. Thanks!

If you want a knock off my I suggest CP GEAR

Detailed Description:
Great for cadets, hunters, airsoft/paintballers and military enthusiasts. Made Cadpat TW (Woodland) patterned fabric. Material is lightweight ‘Combat Cloth' 50% nylon/50% cotton blend. Extremely quick drying, breathable and hard wearing. This design differs from the Canadian military issued clothing. Available in sizes Small, Medium, Large, X-Large.

Small Shirt 67-38
Medium Shirt 72-40
Large Shirt 73-46
X-Large Shirt 73-50
XX-Large Shirt 73-54

Small Pants 28-31
Medium Pants 32-35
Large Pants 36-39
X-Large Pants 40-43
XX-Large Pants 44-48

Main difference are the angles of the pockets. If you want more info you could also contact Matt Fisher a member of this site and our resident CP GEAR expert.

How do the Name, rank, and service tags work on Cadpat? Ours are now Velcrow, not very tactical, but easy to keep up to date, when they actually issue more than one rank patch for the uniform..lol Is that in CAD, or USD, on CP Gear? I would say CAD, but not 100% sure.

Yes Canadian, before the redesign of the site you could also get USD values.

EDITED TO ADD

Velcro here too for name tag and flag but a slip-on with rank and unit on it.

Our name tapes are in fact velcro, and we have slip ons for our ranks, velcro flags as well. I'm kind of curious now as to why you want a Canadian uniform so bad. Your attention to the details is starting to worry me slightly.

I'm the guy who like to collect things of this nature, infact my rucksack is British DPM..lol Like I said, my family is originally from Canada, and I just want a piece of it to have with me I guess. I'm still thinking of joining CF once I get out of the US Military. I mean, I get weird looks where I currently live in Virginia, I drive a mustang, have VA plates, and have a Canadian Flag in the back window... seriously..lol I am just naturally good with details, I mean I still remember the serial number of my M-16A2 rifle in Basic Combat Training.

You wouldn't happen to be near Blackstone/Ft. Pickett?

EDITED TO ADD

As I might be able to show you the CADPAT up close and personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back