• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Army Issue ACU Full Uniform trade, Want Full CADPAT uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but I have been to Fort Pickett several months ago to qualify with my M9, and M4, I live closer to Bristol, I am in Atkins, Va. Fort Pickett is closer to richmond, va, in the middle of the state.

Certainly understandable, It would peak my interest to see someone inquiring about US military things. Yeah, my family is from Pembroke. I just hope I can get a CADPAT uniform knockoff, I really rather like the effectiveness of it, I'm not sure if you have seen the American Army in the field, but its quite laughable really.

Are you stationed there?? If so I will be there in several months for qualifications. Might be able to show me then. I will PM you tomorrow, I need to get some sleep, very tired.

Roman Legion said:
Are you stationed there?? If so I will be there in several months for qualifications. Might be able to show me then. I will PM you tomorrow, I need to get some sleep, very tired.

PM inbound

Quick question: How do you know if the uniform is authentic? I have an old British? army smock my uncle gave me. It has a tag on the neck that says "M7", no brand names or any other tags. Just wondering if it's the real thing...

An authentic piece of clothing that is currently in use will contain a description of what the garment is, a size, and a NATO stock number, plus some other numbers, and the symbols for the washing instructions. As for any other countries uniform parts, I wouldn't have a clue as to what the tag says, most likely the same thing. The only uniforms that are illegal to sell/buy (from a Canadian stand point) are the current Canadian CADPAT pieces that are issued. If someone buys CADPAT from CPGear, or another dealer, and it doesn't have the tag, it's fine. The old olive drab gear is also OK to purchase, as it doesn't have the IR properties in it.

Roman Legion said:
How do the Name, rank, and service tags work on Cadpat? Ours are now Velcrow, not very tactical, but easy to keep up to date, when they actually issue more than one rank patch for the uniform..lol Is that in CAD, or USD, on CP Gear? I would say CAD, but not 100% sure.
The Rank is on an epaulette slip-on worn on the center of the chest, fastened with a hook and button.  It denotes the rank insignia, be they chevrons, bars, et al. It says CANADA/Branch/Unit Name underneath it. 

All of this is inscribed in green for Army, black for Navy and blue for Air Force. Name Tags are velcro, and again outlined in green for Army, black for Navy and blue for Air Force. It also has Crossed Swords, Anchor or the Albatross for those respective elements.

Undershirts and berets also match this pattern with the exception of some trades or chains of command.  So if you see someone with blue or black all over, he isn't Army.  The uniform is meant for all three, unlike how the USAF/USMC/Army/Navy have their own thing.

Nothing apart from the color of your headdress and the regiment/branch identifier on it is used to distinguish one individual from another.  For example, we don't have para-wings on our CADPAT, we save those kinds of badges for our dress uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back