• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

USA Cam Kilt, Anyone?

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Shared in accordance with the "fair dealing" provisions, Section 29, of the Copyright Act.

Guard team blends military, Scottish roots
Army Times, 11 Mar 07
Article link

Although kilts were not required to compete in the recent Northeast Florida Scottish Games and Festival, a team of National Guard soldiers readily wore the traditional Scottish Highlands men’s garb — in Army-approved patterns.

All services have an official tartan print, so some soldiers wore the Army tartan while others wore kilts made with the battle dress uniform pattern.

Staff Sgt. Tim Forrester used the digitized Army combat uniform pattern.

Being of Scottish descent, he has a right to wear the Forrester tartan. But as he said in a Guard press release, “Even though I’m a Forrester, the Guard’s my family, too.”

He organized the team of soldiers from Florida’s 1st Battalion, 265th Air Defense Artillery Regiment, for the Feb. 24 competition.

The traditional Scottish athletic events included throwing 28-pound and 56-pound weights for distance, tossing a 22-pound “Stone of Strength” and flipping an 18-foot wooden “caber” pole.

Staff Sgt. Rich Chamberlain won both the 56-pound weight toss and “Stone of Strength” events and crediting his wins to style rather than brawn, the press release said. It was Chamberlain’s first time competing in such events.

For more about the event, visit http://www.neflgames.com/.

Gee...someone is reading my mind. I got some CADPAT sitting around..... rats.

TN2IC said:
Gee...someone is reading my mind. I got some CADPAT sitting around..... rats.

Who knows?  There may be more of a market for CADPAT kilts than we know..... ;)

I already have a CADPAT kilt, and flashes. Checkout Freedomkilts.com

It was around $240. Its made from what was apparently discarded kitbag material ( and found on ebay). As the uniform material is way to light to make a good kilt. It has two hip pockets and cargo pockets as well.

Not a chance LOLOL

Now if only I could get CADPAT kilt hose I would be laughing.

...Aye, for when ye realla need ta ;D hid from the sheps... ;D

A hoy hoy! I want one now!  :eek: especially the the CADPAT AR one :D that's just COOL!

Back