• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Visiting Esquimalt

Griswald DME

Inactive
Reaction score
Thinking of heading over to Esquimalt October 23/24th.   Anyone know if they provide lodging for R&R on base?   If not, how about a cheap place to stay while I'm in town - even a hostel would be fine as long as its reasonable.

DME

if you are a member of the CF then you are allowed to use any base in the country. I haven't done this myself but that is what they told us.. you might have to pay a small amount.. if you can't sleep anywhere then just sleep in the greyhound terminal, I am pretty sure they serve there....

Unfortunately Esquimalt does not have on base lodging for anything other than people who are on duty there.   This from http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/marpac/base-units/marpac_base-units_e.asp?category=1&title=39 "** Base Accommodations only provides lodging to those on duty at CFB Esquimalt **"

There are a few hostels in downtown Victoria, I haven't stayed at any of them but I bet they are pretty reasonable.   You can easily get from Downtown to the Base on city transit, its pretty decent service and reasonably priced.

My mother might have room for you if you want a freebie.. she used to house international students and tends to have a free room everytime I visit.. I can find out if you need.. She lives across the water from Esquimalt by the old Royal roads College

Back