• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WANT A JOB MAKING COFFEE?

I'm so old, I remember that when a Cpl was told 'double double', they actually ran somewhere.  ;D

Pusser said:
Now this is an anecdote, but since the Director of Pensions told it to me, I'm reasonably certain it's true.  Years ago, the Pension Board reviewed a case where an individual had a heart attack and died in an elevator at NDHQ(?).  After interviewing his co-workers, his survivors were denied a pension because his co-workers insisted they were on a "coffee break" (i.e. not "on duty").  Despite efforts to get them to state he was en route to a meeting (or something similar), they didn't change their story.  This is the way the Pension Act was being interpreted at the time and was a real concern.  We also saw Pension Board rulings that saw survivors of soldiers who died in their sleeping bags on exercise compensated while survivors of sailors who died in their bunks at sea were not.

:not-again:    Sadly, this somehow isn't surprising.  I hope it's no longer happening (which is probably being covered in at least one other thread), but stuff like this illustrates the need for thoroughly thinking through all of the hiring options. 

So how much B class has been cut at reserve units again?

When did people at the base become above being tasked to do this CO's coffee once a week? When did swing instructors become so busy they can't do a coffee run.

I suspect that the job description is poorly written.  I can think of a number of things a NPF clerk does at a static unit IAT coffee.  In any case, if there is a mis-use of staff, it has been corrected by now.  It is ironic given all the RMS clerks we are short.

Back