• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weight Requirements

• Thread starter Thread starter LexLaw
  • Start date Start date
L

LexLaw

Greetings. I have tried searching through this site and many others on weight requirements to join. Can't find any info.

You see, I'm 297lbs but my body fat percentage is only 14% ... I'm a regular at fitness world...

I can do the push ups, sit ups and the running with no problems at all.

297 at 14%, damn you must be one stacked MOFO

Lay off on the steriods eh  :P ;D ;D.......JK

i dont think you'll have any problem getting in if you can do your pushups, situps and pass the stair test. 

Try a search using BMI or body mass index as keywords.

The CF used to employ the BMI but no longer does.  So no worries about your weight as long as you meet the PT requirements.

There are no weight limits or reqs that I am aware of, I know of a couple men over 300 lbs in the CF. Uniform sizing though, may be an issue(like the pun). I assume you are fairly tall.

Armymedic said:
There are no weight limits or reqs that I am aware of, I know of a couple men over 300 lbs in the CF. Uniform sizing though, may be an issue(like the pun). I assume you are fairly tall.

Hahaha. The pun was funny :) I'm just over 6'2" so I'm not THAT tall.

Anyway. Thank you all for your replies. I feel much better about this not that I don't have to worry about working out too much.

You won't be able to fly in ejection seat aircraft, I think even with the newer seats the upper limit is 275lbs. I'm guessing you're a weight lifter of some sort? If so, prepare to be the platoon pack mule, I mean that in the nicest way. Just tell those slackers that ask you to carry the platoon kit that it costs a case of beer for everyday that you do it.  ;D

Cheers

haha I am a little over 6'2 290lbs and lean and I always got picked on in jobs...oh you are so big and strong carry this etc....go do this, haha it sure made me a hard worker...so many guys would have a slack job working in the papermill i worked at but shit i got run into the ground for being big...it is discrimination

Inch said:
You won't be able to fly in ejection seat aircraft, I think even with the newer seats the upper limit is 275lbs. I'm guessing you're a weight lifter of some sort? If so, prepare to be the platoon pack mule, I mean that in the nicest way. Just tell those slackers that ask you to carry the platoon kit that it costs a case of beer for everyday that you do it.   ;D

Cheers

Back