• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Welcome snow

Brixxie

Inactive
Reaction score
I woke up this morning with  2 good inches of white fluffy snow.  Juster wondering who else got the first snow fall?

Brixxie

I didn't see any today in Kingston, but a couple of guys said there was some on their cars this morning and that they saw some last night.

Buffalo certainly got some snow!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15247114/
Buffalo slammed by snow; 155,000 lose power

Updated: 25 minutes ago
BUFFALO, N.Y. - A rare early October snowstorm left parts of western New York blanketed with 2 feet of snow Friday morning, prompting widespread blackouts, closing schools and halting traffic.....

Things are finally looking up . ;D
It'll beat the icy ski runs I've grown accustomed to over the past couple years around the Christmas season if it keeps up.
I left the house this morning (here in Ottawa) to the sight of olive (couldn't think of anything nicer, sorry) sized fluffy snowflakes landing all over the place, I was smiling ear to ear! Sadly, it all melts as it touches the ground this early in the season, but here's hoping it becomes a trend!  :cheers:

Kid_X said:
here's hoping it becomes a trend!  :cheers:

I take it you don't have to shovel  >:D

Here's me a couple years ago, after the 'blizzard' often referred to as white Juan.  Excuse the bed-head.
http://users.eastlink.ca/~gunn/snow1.jpg

If you look really closely to the left, you can see an antannae sticking out of the snow too...I didn't see it till after i had dug my car out, and after I'd covered it further with snow.

I don't have to shovel quite that much snow (I do shovel though)... although I would do it to get my car out and go snowboarding!!!
I could always just get a skidoo as well, deal with shoveling later.  ;D
Where was that picture taken, if you don't mind my asking?

After the first decent dumping here every year, I put the plow on my Bronco every night and back up to the house.  In the morning, plow my way out to the highway, and remove blade..... Repeat til April.

We were supposed to get 30cm of snow the other day day here in T.Bay, but it never came (as usual). We did get some snow though. My football team played yesterday and it got so bad at one point that the defence couldn't see my signals from the bench (we did win 35-3 though ;D). October, November...it's bound to come sooner or later.

See, Kat and ex-Sup have the right idea!!! I salute you! :salute:
As for you Smoke, do you at least have a snowmobile, ski/snowboard, or a nice rear wheel drive vehicle and a tow-rope?  ;D

Sadly no.  I had had a Toyota 4x4 just prior to trading it on the car in the pic...that thing would damned near climb trees, I was kicking myself that morning for sure.  Luckily we don't get that amount of snowfall very often in these parts. 

Still waiting for snow here out west..  Well, not so much in the city, but mother nature's got 27 days to dump enough snow onto Sunshine Village for opening day...

Not that I'm counting down to the ski season... for the past couple months... I missed most of the ski season last year being in the sandbox, so I need to make up for it this year.

I've been counting down to the ski season since last April... maybe even late March.
Can I come visit you out west?!?  ;D

Hmmm....I will say "woo-hoo!". Sorry snow lovers...

Scientists predict Canadians in for mild winter
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060925/mild_winter_060925?s_name=&no_ads=
Mild temperatures are expected to be the norm this winter, forcing Canadians to re-examine their country's stereotypical image as the great white north.

Environment Canada made the prediction Monday and a separate report, in the latest issued of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), claims that earth's overall temperature is the warmest in the last 12,000 years....

"It's almost money in the bank to say this will be a milder than normal winter if El Nino stays together and it grows in size," said Phillips. ...."

MikeG said:
Scientists predict Canadians in for mild winter

Sure didn't feel like that the other day. It was -7 or -8 with the wind on Wednesday. Nearly froze standing outside for football practice. I sure felt sorry for the kids...some couldn't even close their hands properly to tackle.

Personally I want lots of snow. I just bought a new snowblower and want to use it!

No snow for me please! I don't have my little brother to go dig my car out and start it every morning anymore. Boooo.

Back