• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What about family and hospital/doctor?

mpelletier92

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering about what to do if my wife or one of my children has to go to hospital/see a doctor/dentist? Do they only have to present themselves in example at the dentist's clinic and I deal with the invoice with my unit?

Thanks.

As a regular force member, your family is covered by the PSHCP and CAF dental care plans. 

Information about both is online at: http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-benefits/health-dental.page

Remember, your family will also need to bring their provincial health care card to doctor / hospital visits.
When your family is posted to a new province, they will have to apply for that new provincial health card.

mpelletier92 said:
Do they only have to present themselves in example at the dentist's clinic and I deal with the invoice with my unit?
Just so there is no ambiguity - your unit has nothing to do with your dependents health care needs - this is handled through private health insurance (Sunlife and Great West Life).  This is identical to what you would find at any employer.

Back