• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are you listening to/fav type of music

SoldierInTheMaking said:
I did not know that....that's crazy
it's true my friend I met him in Ottawa when they toured with Protest the Hero he was indeed a Marine but I think he was medically discharged. Super nice guy.

Presently the little voices in my head are singing regimental songs in a build-up to regimental day, normally I enjoy the soothing gentle vibrations of white noise and static.

Man.  Every time I dig back into Hip Hop's Golden Age...  Something awesome is discovered.

This time it is EPMD.........

"Hip Hops Golden Age"?  Bwaaaahaaaahaaa!!

I know there one of my favorites now, I use to listen to them like 4 years ago and just started again like 2 weeks ago, their awesome.

Yeah, whatever, there was a time and place where that music actually had substance unlike this ringtone Lil Wayne/Soulja Boy nonsense. They could flow, write sharp rhymes, and had an imaginative slant to their production style. 

In fact, I'd say that much of it is more lyrically interesting and substantial than most rock and country artists, even today. I live and die by Hip Hop, through and through.

WU TANG!

Rush- 2112
Max Webster- Battle Scar

Shouldve read the other posts :p ..Rammstein is well known..all the better.
I was actually pleasantly surprised myself.  Seemingly everyone I know in the military who likes rock or metal loves that band.  They're enormous in Canada, especially for the style of music they play.  I mention Rammstein once and three guys on my RMS crse spaz, they love that damned band. 

I would pay fistfuls of cash to see that band ONCE.  Judas Priest, Slayer, Anthrax and Metallica were WILD but I think Rammstein could be the most outrageously entertaining live act on this earth.

As for Lamb of God, I wonder if the new album is any better than the last... Sacrament was OK but WAY overproduced and polished for what they aimed for... ATPB and AOTW were vicious albums. And live, well I saw em with Machine Head Gojira and Trivium in MTL they were one hard charging act.  Awesome show, even Trivium were good.

Now Rush.  That brings me back.  Saw em in 04 and that was in my top 5 shows of all time.  Peart was on fire, his solo was worth the $80 alone.  Geddy Lee is the reason why I playbass guitar!

You should have seen 'em 30 years ago.... fuk I hate getting old.

CorporalMajor said:
I was actually pleasantly surprised myself.  Seemingly everyone I know in the military who likes rock or metal loves that band.  They're enormous in Canada, especially for the style of music they play.  I mention Rammstein once and three guys on my RMS crse spaz, they love that damned band. 

I would pay fistfuls of cash to see that band ONCE.  Judas Priest, Slayer, Anthrax and Metallica were WILD but I think Rammstein could be the most outrageously entertaining live act on this earth.

As for Lamb of God, I wonder if the new album is any better than the last... Sacrament was OK but WAY overproduced and polished for what they aimed for... ATPB and AOTW were vicious albums. And live, well I saw em with Machine Head Gojira and Trivium in MTL they were one hard charging act.  Awesome show, even Trivium were good.

Now Rush.  That brings me back.  Saw em in 04 and that was in my top 5 shows of all time.  Peart was on fire, his solo was worth the $80 alone.  Geddy Lee is the reason why I playbass guitar!

Although LoG is on the lighter end of the spectrum of my musical tastes, I can't deny that they're awesome. IMO ATPB and AOTW are their best albums, while Sacrement does have too much production and Wrath not entirely something I foresaw from this band, both albums are still good.

Anyone going to the Cattle Decapitation, PsyOpus, Suffocation (etc.) show in April?

CorporalMajor said:
I would pay fistfuls of cash to see that band (Rammstein) ONCE. 

....Rammstein's "Sonne"...... Joulia Stepanova's Snow White.....fistfuls of cash...... indeed  >:D

videografi.sonne.02.jpg

[RICE] said:
Although LoG is on the lighter end of the spectrum of my musical tastes, I can't deny that they're awesome. IMO ATPB and AOTW are their best albums, while Sacrement does have too much production and Wrath not entirely something I foresaw from this band, both albums are still good.

Anyone going to the Cattle Decapitation, PsyOpus, Suffocation (etc.) show in April?
I got Wrath the other night, it's a hard hitting album for sure..best since Palaces..

Suffocation rules!!!!!!!  might see them if they come to OO but otherwise.....

Rammstein are also to be commended for excelent music videos.

I picked up the film about Leonard Cohen a few days ago. So I've been sitting and watching/listening to that.
On Thursday I was listening to Great Big Sea... live at the Metro Center. Never been to a concert before, and it's gonna be hard to top that one.

Oddball

Recently picked up the new Rise Against CD. I've been listening to it pretty often - it's really good. :D

Back