• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is it the maximum of push-ups and sit-ups you have doing in the BMQ?

danielbouchard

Inactive
Reaction score
What is it the maximum of push-ups and sit-ups you have doing in the BMQ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english ;) i learn fastness. :salute:

do you mean to pass the Basic PT test? Do you mean on regular PT? Do you mean over-all, throughout the Course? Do you mean as punishment? (Is that still allowed? Or has that been done away with, so it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings?)

Anyway, the max number is: as many as you can do, plus a couple.

paracowboy said:
do you mean to pass the Basic PT test? Do you mean on regular PT? Do you mean over-all, throughout the Course? Do you mean as punishment? (Is that still allowed? Or has that been done away with, so it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings?)

Anyway, the max number is: as many as you can do, plus a couple.

Or as many as you get told to do......... ;D

aesop081 said:
Or as many as you get told to do......... ;D
a much better answer than mine! In fact, the DS answer!
I am humbled.  ;D

paracowboy said:
a much better answer than mine! In fact, the DS answer!
I am humbled.   ;D

What can i say..it's the former instructor comming out of me  ;D

35 push-up , 65 sit-up in 1 minute ,its my performance at my last pt, i gooing to bmq at 20 august 2005 friends, thanks

bof, training hard and continu at this way. i expect to be able 50 consecutive push-ups for the bmq.

Training its realy funny i have just a ideal weight for my height :) gym gym and gym hehe.

what is your performance guyz?

52 pushups decent form as well as 36 situps in a minute.

Plus I'm 18, weigh 165 pounds at 6,0

As a point, while on course, unless your doing a fitness test you won't be pumping off pushups as fast as you can go. The instructors like to do pushups really slow with nice long pauses in the downward position. It sucks but I know for myself it helped me both mentally and physically.

at the recruting step, in PT test, the officer tell, push-ups slow with pause and sit-ups most fast its possible in 1 minute. its the same movement at the bmq.

Cool! and thanks

I just added a wobble board to my pushups, holy burn! If you guys want to improve your pushup scores overall try adding stability push ups, like on the wobble board with your feet elevated and hands in the airborne position! I'm up to thirty that way!

OK Ryhno, I second that, I tried it, holy crap!!  Can't wait to see how that boosts my next test!!

Oye, hard stuff eh! You should see a marked improvment in both your pushups and bench press. It makes the smaller muscles in your chest etc work very hard, making them much stronger, hence adding to the overall effect.  8)

Yes, even try doing super sets doing that like so...

12 Push ups on Medicine ball or balance board.

then after 12.

Regular Push ups to failure

Boy does that burn, and trust me it's tough when you get to your last set...  :crybaby:

Island Ryhno said:
I just added a wobble board to my pushups, holy burn! If you guys want to improve your pushup scores overall try adding stability push ups, like on the wobble board with your feet elevated and hands in the airborne position! I'm up to thirty that way!

ok i'm an idiot or just to old, what the hell is a wobble board i'm very interested in trying this! also please explain the hands in the airborne position. 

Do you remember those old pogo balls? They are a lot like those, except the ball is smaller, here is a link...
http://www.fitter1.com/balance-boards.html?mtcPromotion=header%3Ebalance_boards

Also the "airborne" pushup is really a tricep pushup, two index fingers touch at the top, and both tips of thumbs touch on the bottom forming a triangle or diamond shape! Like this guy, but with the index fingers touching and thumbs touching on the bottom. http://www.shapefit.com/triceps-exercises-pushups-close-tricep-position.html

Airborne pushups sound like fun!  I'll have to try those next! :D

When I started training for the military last august, I could only do about 20 pushups.  Now I can do 61 with good form. 

Most of my progress came from doing the so called "navy seal" buds preparation workout. 
It starts out with 4 sets of 15 for a week or two, then 4 sets of 20 for a few weeks, then 5 sets of 20 for a few weeks, then 5 sets of 25 for a few weeks, then 6 sets of 25....and so on.

I found that after doing that for about 3 months, I kind of hit a plateau at 48 pushups. 
So under advice of the vitamin guy in the mall, I started to use resistance in my pushups.  Lacking a home gym,
I improvised and found the closest 40 pound object (my 5 year old) and him got him to sit on my shoulders while I did 3 sets of 10 pushups.  In about 4 weeks I went from 50 to 61 pushups.  So it is true, changing the routine can have a great impact on your strength training.  In another month or so, i will switch to power (two 40 pound kids) with low reps or go back to high reps and high sets.

I am up to 85 situps.  I went from 60 to 85 by doing a sit up while holding the above mentioned toddler in the "body slam" position.  Not only is it a great workout, the kids love it!

Sorry, my grammar is a bit off.  I only had a few hours sleep last night.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I do those workouts 3 times a week, with one day rest in between.
;D

Back