• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Winged Luddites: Aviators are the Biggest Threat to Naval Aviation

I'm all for parallel path development, but they skipped some serious issues with the actual reason the X-47B was cancelled, which when one does that - it tends to have me question the rest of what is written.

I'm all for parallel path development, but they skipped some serious issues with the actual reason the X-47B was cancelled, which when one does that - it tends to have me question the rest of what is written.
What were the serious issues?

What were the serious issues?
Let me double check if that is OS. I sat in on a few briefs that were NOFO and not sure if that was one.

What is OS I know is that many of the AI systems have "done their own thing" - and having seen an Armed system "do its own thing" once - that was enough for me to have serious concerns.

Let me double check if that is OS. I sat in on a few briefs that were NOFO and not sure if that was one.

What is OS I know is that many of the AI systems have "done their own thing" - and having seen an Armed system "do its own thing" once - that was enough for me to have serious concerns.
1642097882039.gif

Fair. The lawyers would probably have a field day with the ROE/engagement process if everything was automated.

I think the most that would happen in "western" countries is everything up to the point of trigger-pulling, then the human "pulls the trigger".

Fair. The lawyers would probably have a field day with the ROE/engagement process if everything was automated.

I think the most that would happen in "western" countries is everything up to the point of trigger-pulling, then the human "pulls the trigger".
Well that isn't the goal anymore - and that is what concerns me (and a lot more than me).
AI/ML is a lot faster and accurate than humans - but the issue is who really trusts a machine.

The ability to control is a major concern - I am all for automating where possible - but I want a human in the loop -- even if their only job is watching and waiting with their hand on a self destruct.

Back