• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Woman accused of using child as a weapon on TTC streetcar

211RadOp

Sr. Member
Reaction score
2
Points
230
This takes the cake.  Some people should not be parents.

From Tuesday's Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1016422--woman-accused-of-using-child-as-a-weapon-on-ttc-streetcar?bn=1

Sarah Ratchford
Staff Reporter

Police are looking for a woman accused of beating a fellow TTC passenger, using a child as a weapon.

Police said the woman boarded the streetcar last Friday around 5 p.m. with the child in a stroller and got into an altercation with another passenger. The woman picked up the child and started hitting the other passenger with the child, police said.

When other passengers intervened, the woman pulled one of them by the hair, police said.

The incident occurred after the woman boarded the streetcar at Dundas St. E. and Parliament St. Police received the call when the streetcar was near Broadview.

The woman got off the streetcar with the child before police arrived.

She is described as being around 30 years old with olive skin, between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-6, and between 130 and 155 pounds. She has long, straight dark hair past her shoulders, and was wearing a peach button-down shirt with long sleeves, khaki skirt and black shoes.
 

kawa11

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
I'm speechless. I told my wife and she was in disbelief (after claiming that a toddler is not an effective weapon).

I just can't wrap my head around people like this. People that raise their kids the same as a dog breeder raises a pup or people that treat their kids as household plants - watering and feeding as needed.
 

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
20
Points
380
She is described as being around 30 years old with olive skin, between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-6, and between 130 and 155 pounds. She has long, straight dark hair past her shoulders, and was wearing a peach button-down shirt with long sleeves, khaki skirt and black shoes.

Maybe they should check the G20 tapes....sounds like it might be one of them.....
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
676
Points
1,260
kawa11 said:
People that raise their kids the same as a dog breeder raises a pup or people that treat their kids as household plants - watering and feeding as needed.

Highlight mine.
Sometimes, not even bothering to do that.

Edit to add photo from original post.
 

The Bread Guy

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
2,412
Points
1,260
WTF?  One really can't make this stuff up, can one?
 

Teflon

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
260
She is described as being around 30 years old with olive skin, between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-6, and between 130 and 155 pounds. She has long, straight dark hair past her shoulders, and was wearing a peach button-down shirt with long sleeves, khaki skirt and black shoes.

Seriously?!, peach over khaki?!
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
966
Points
1,060
211RadOp said:
She is described as being around 30 years old with olive skin, between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-6, and between 130 and 155 pounds. She has long, straight dark hair past her shoulders, and was wearing a peach button-down shirt with long sleeves, khaki skirt and black shoes.

Yup, that'll really narrow it down for the TPD. Can't be many like that around, especially in Toronto ::)
 

JMesh

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
CBC updated that they have identified the woman. However, they are not releasing her name until they speak with her.

This is truly sickening. Get this kid into protection and lock this woman up for child abuse. Obviously, if she used her child as a weapon, she is not fit to be a parent and this child is in danger.
 

medicineman

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
681
Points
1,010
Me thinks there are other issues at play here...like her brain chemistry (or lack thereof).  She should be formed for a few days for some psych evaluations.

MM
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
966
Points
1,060
We only have one side of the story here people. As always, please put the ropes and rocks away, quit assigning guilt and wait until the whole thing unfolds before jumping to conclusions.

If it was a soldier in trouble, you'd be bitching that the paper had it wrong and was biased. Give it a rest until the facts are in.

Milnet.ca Staff
 

chris the merc

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
0
Points
10
211RadOp said:
This takes the cake.  Some people should not be parents.

From Tuesday's Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1016422--woman-accused-of-using-child-as-a-weapon-on-ttc-streetcar?bn=1

Sarah Ratchford
Staff Reporter

Police are looking for a woman accused of beating a fellow TTC passenger, using a child as a weapon.

Police said the woman boarded the streetcar last Friday around 5 p.m. with the child in a stroller and got into an altercation with another passenger. The woman picked up the child and started hitting the other passenger with the child, police said.

When other passengers intervened, the woman pulled one of them by the hair, police said.

The incident occurred after the woman boarded the streetcar at Dundas St. E. and Parliament St. Police received the call when the streetcar was near Broadview.

The woman got off the streetcar with the child before police arrived.

She is described as being around 30 years old with olive skin, between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-6, and between 130 and 155 pounds. She has long, straight dark hair past her shoulders, and was wearing a peach button-down shirt with long sleeves, khaki skirt and black shoes.

Unbelievable
 

HavokFour

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
When I was born (back in New Jersey) a woman and child in their car were jacked. The jacker let the kid go at his daycare and drove off with his mother, the kid was found hiding in the bushes at the daycare the next day. The mother had been raped and murdered, and the car burned.

Anyway my mother was a little tense, and on the way home she found the apartment door open. Fearing that the rapist/killer was inside she looked for weapons she could use if he came after her, and for a moment considered swinging me around by the leg.

"What the hell am I doing?! He's a baby!". So instead she called the NJPD who tracked dog poop all through the house and didn't let us in until they had cleaned it all up.

I miss the 90's. ;D
 

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
1,484
Points
1,060
Not unprecedented.  People use kids as weapons every day in family court rooms all over Canada.
 

kawa11

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
Kat Stevens said:
Not unprecedented.  People use kids as weapons every day in family court rooms all over Canada.
Well put.

I don't want to jump to conclusions - but it's gonna take a helluva story to turn this one around..
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
676
Points
1,260
"The woman, who is not being named to protect the identity of the child, has been charged with assault with a weapon, along with two other counts of assault. She turned herself in to police Thursday.":
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1018064--woman-accused-of-beating-ttc-passenger-with-child-charged
 
Top