• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WTB .303 Brit Ammo

Halifax Tar

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Do you have .303 Ammo laying around you'd part with ?

If you do, lets talk business!

I am looking for FMJ and SP.

I once had about 3000 rounds of 1943 vintage.  Had l it today, it would be yours.

My Uncle Buck brought it back from overseas.  It shot well in my No. 1, mostly.  Except for the occasional one which kicked like two mules. The primers were Berdan and l was unable to try and reload them.  A waste of brass, sadly.

jollyjacktar said:
My Uncle Buck brought it back from overseas.  It shot well in my No. 1, mostly.  Except for the occasional one which kicked like two mules. The primers were Berdan and l was unable to try and reload them.  A waste of brass, sadly.

How did he get that much home ?  Thats crazy.  Could you imagine if we did something like that today lol

Times were different.  My dad brought back a Mauser sniper rifle and about a 1000 rounds of ammo.  He gave it to his uncle.  Granddad brought back arms from France too in 1919.

jollyjacktar said:
Times were different.  My dad brought back a Mauser sniper rifle and about a 1000 rounds of ammo.  He gave it to his uncle.  Granddad brought back arms from France too in 1919.

Ya my guardians grandfather apparently brought back a Luger.  I've never seen it.  Could be long gone for all I know.

Just cant imagine us doing anything like that.  But you're right different times.

Very true.  My dad told me when he returned to England from Italy he went to stores to turn in his Browning HP and Tommy Gun.  He was told that he had the only ones in that area, Cdn wise and it was going to be a hassle to do the paperwork.  They said, "nope, these were battlefield casualties in Italy", easy to write off, and he could get out their hair.  Dad, borrowed a motorcycle, disassembled the Tommy down as far as he could.  He then went for a ride and threw a piece here and another there, until it was all gone.  He brought back the Browning and tried to register it with the RCMP who weren't having any of that as it was a military pistol.  He was instructed to take it to Stores and turn it in.  He tried, but when they looked up the s/n they said, "this weapon was lost in Italy, it doesn't exist, we can't take it back".  Dad went back to the Mounties and said, they won't take it.  He surrendered it and they destroyed it.  He did keep the holster, however as l remember discovering it in my teens, whereupon he told me it's history.

jollyjacktar said:
Very true.  My dad told me when he returned to England from Italy he went to stores to turn in his Browning HP and Tommy Gun.  He was told that he had the only ones in that area, Cdn wise and it was going to be a hassle to do the paperwork.  They said, "nope, these were battlefield casualties in Italy", easy to write off, and he could get out their hair.  Dad, borrowed a motorcycle, disassembled the Tommy down as far as he could.  He then went for a ride and threw a piece here and another there, until it was all gone.  He brought back the Browning and tried to register it with the RCMP who weren't having any of that as it was a military pistol.  He was instructed to take it to Stores and turn it in.  He tried, but when they looked up the s/n they said, "this weapon was lost in Italy, it doesn't exist, we can't take it back".  Dad went back to the Mounties and said, they won't take it.  He surrendered it and they destroyed it.  He did keep the holster, however as l remember discovering it in my teens, whereupon he told me it's history.

You have some great family history mess mate!  You and I need  to get together for some wets so I can hear some more of it!

Yes we do and shall.  If only to give you the Gun Shirt.

Back