• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WTB CG634 HELMET

You're looking at about $400 from a surplus store, but they'll likely be old/damaged. However, it's likely that the stores that obtained it are now illegally possessing the helmets.

Legality behind the helmet?

The CG634 Helmet is CTAT/Controlled Goods, their production, issue, return, and disposal/destruction is regulated. It's to avoid our capabilities from being defeated but also to protect the public; criminals don't need more kevlar available to them. You won't find them being sold as surplus on GCSurplus for a reason.

Helmets are kevlar and considered body armour, in many Canadian provinces there is some form of Body Armour Control Act, unless you meet the requirements of the act, possessing it is also illegal.

LunchMeat said:
You're looking at about $400 from a surplus store, but they'll likely be old/damaged. However, it's likely that the stores that obtained it are now illegally possessing the helmets.

Legality behind the helmet?

The CG634 Helmet is CTAT/Controlled Goods, their production, issue, return, and disposal/destruction is regulated. It's to avoid our capabilities from being defeated but also to protect the public; criminals don't need more kevlar available to them. You won't find them being sold as surplus on GCSurplus for a reason.

Helmets are kevlar and considered body armour, in many Canadian provinces there is some form of Body Armour Control Act, unless you meet the requirements of the act, possessing it is also illegal.

The requirement for possession of body armour is a valid Firearms Possession and Acquisition License.

recceguy said:
The requirement for possession of body armour is a valid Firearms Possession and Acquisition License.

That varies by province. Some provinces have laws around this, others do not.

Halifax Tar said:
Airsoft ?

There are cheap replicas for that.

Unless it's really, really, really serious airsoft.

Yes for Airsoft....  been looking at some on eBay. But old and not the newer interior. Also been looking at some from the Danish Military. However after conversion to Canadian looking at about $500 plus shipping and duty tax.

Have seen older versions in Surplus stores. However very rough shape and UN issue as they're blue? I know I could buy a replica. Same with BDU. I prefer real deal...

https://www.evike.com/products/30530/
https://www.evike.com/products/60751/

Not the same, but put a cam cover, net, and scrim on it and nobody would notice the difference except for the chin strap, for which I have no solution.

For the interior, try https://store.skydex.com/helmet-pads/pad-set-plus-velcro-hook. Much more comfortable than the original suspension. A lot of people used those in Afghanistan, although they were eventually banned.

FWIW,

The Neligent Loss fee for a CG634 helmet that is levied by the CAF is $320 per helmet for replacement.

Thanks for the websites. Much appreciated...  I think for now I'll pick up the grey helmet and pads.  I'd never want to have a illegal or stolen item....

Back