• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WW I, 173 Highlanders

J

JimRogers

I am trying to get information about the unit my Grandfather served with in France during WW I.

He served with the 173 Highlanders, 116 Ontario Battalian from Hamilton, Ontario.

I hope to get a copy of his unit flag as I will be riding in Canada this July 1st and I would like to honor him by displaying his flag.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Rogers
jimrogers@email.com

Jim

The 173rd battalion CEF (Canadian Expeditionary Force) was formed from the 91st Regiment Canadian Highlanders from hamilton Ontario.
The 91st is now todays Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada (Princess Louise's)

If you drop me an email at rannulf@sympatico.ca I can pass your stuff off to our regimental Historian Dr Robert Fraser.

At present the Doc is working on a history of our 19th Bn but he can advise as to unit flags for the 173rd. Failing that you can obtain a regimental Camp Flag (of the Present day ASHofC) through our regimental kitshop.

Cheers

Steel Badger

CANADA GU BRATH!

Back