• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Beer Brand of Choice

D

Danny

Now I know somebody is going to say that this doesnt belong here but I think it does, we canadians love our beer!

My question is:

What is your favorite beer?

Mine is Alpine.   ummmmmmmmmmmm Alpine!!

I won‘t drink anything brewed/created/synthesized/composed etc. on this continent. My top three beers are "Zywiec" (Polish), "Tyskie" (Polish) and "Tiger" (Singaporian). I also enjoy "Heineken" as a backyard beer while I‘m barbequing or just relaxing. "Czechwar" and "Kozel", both Czech beers, are also excellent IMO. There‘s a South African beer I also enjoy sometimes, but don‘t drink much of, forgot what it‘s called though.

Moosehead Premium Dry, which hasn‘t passed my lips for 5 years or so.....

I can get Labatt‘s, Moosehead, and Molson in the stores here but... you know... not the same

Speaking of Canadiana... you spelled "favorite" wrong :)

deffinatley gotta go with Hoffenbrau, right out of munich. Its sooooo good, but you cant get it here in canada, or ive at least never seen it here. But for local beers nothing beats good old MOLSON

Canadian !!!

In some of the places I‘ve been, the water is suspect so beer is a way to get around the "squirts" that the local water gives yah.

At least you hope that the brewing process has killed all the microbes that the water had in it!

The original Bavarian Purity Laws proscribed that beed could only contain four things....water, hops, barley and yeast. I‘m glad to see that most domestic beers in Canada now have no preservatives in them, contrary to what is found in other less civillised parts of the world.

My opinon is that after the third glass, most consumers can‘t identify even their own "fave" brew. Unless it is some kind of brown or dark, and the colour is the tip off. You will notice that professional "tasters" don‘t actually swallow the drink, be it wine, beer, or whiskey. They spit is out, then rinse their mouth with water to be able to keep the palate crisp.

BTW; I had a great time at Fort Benning, many years ago, when I introduced the Airbourne types to Brador Ale. For those who don‘t know this was seven percent alcohol content stuff. They ended the evening with THEM doing parachute landing rolls off the third storey roof of the mess. I was drinking water, out of one the Brador bottles I brought down from Quebec.

Out standing! Airbourne all the way!

Jim Bunting.

Old Style Pilsner

Quality You Can Taste...for under 20 bucks.

15house_of_lethbridge_old_style_pilsner_s.jpg

what‘s this beer you speak off?
bring me my vodka that I swear is jet fuel sometimes, good fun.
but beer wise hmmmmmmmm...........a toughy
depends on my mood really, guniess, blue, bud are the big 3 though.
Greg

Sleeman boys. Canadian micro brew success. Deep Guelph well water not city water no fluoride no hangover. Guelph sounds like something you step in like ****.

I dunno,out of the major brands:
kokanee= good
canadian = bad
lab blue = good
mgd = bad
budweiser = bad

locally, if your in the Wpg / MB area... try out Fort Garry Brewery.... good stuff...

That is to say so I‘ve heard :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

No beer just FIREBALL - good old cinnamin? corn whiskey on ice!!!!!

For imported
Guinness and Stella Artois

For domestic
Keith‘s and Moosehead suits me fine.

Local - Herman‘s Dark; local microbrew.
" Sleeman‘s Pale Ale; not so local, but it seems to be the staple.
Foreign - Guiness or McKewan‘s..

As for the poison of preference: Highland Park 18 yr Single Malt Scotch Whiskey. I thought I‘d include that for you.

ALRIGHT...my favorite subject...BOOZE! :D

Beer: Moosehead Premium Dry
Keiths
Sleemans Honey Brown
Tartan(imp)
Guiness on tap(in England)
Karlovaca(local Bosnian poo)
Stella Artois(imp)
of course...Hinney

Hard: Glenfiddich
Good ‘ol JD
Crown Royal
Meyers‘ Rum(imp)

My nod goes to the one that started it all (as far as pilsners go): Pilsner Urquell straight out from Plzen, Czech Republic.

Honarable mention would have to go to Warsteiner, St Pauli Girl and Tuborg.

Of course some good old Blue is a good standby in a pinch.

Originally posted by brin11:
[qb] One word......... Keith‘s.

Say no more. [/qb]
Brin you Just won over the heart of me father the caper and me the wannabe born in the praries...

Mmm Alexanders Finest....

Side Story, he was the head of my clan during the last 15 yrs of his Life...

Keith being the Head of the Clans Keith,Dixon, Austin and Falconer

Anyways Yea,

Keiths...
Sleemans Steam and if I got the cash then its Guinney or Newcastle brown over a half glass of bitters

Back