• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Zeroing C79

Pencil Tech

Inactive
Reaction score
This is a dumb question, but as a reservist you don't go to the range that often, and every time we go for PWT/MLOC a range officer zeros my sight. I was never shown how to do it on the courses I've been on. Which of the two adjustment screws dous up-down and which one does right-left? And which way do you turn the up-down one? Thanks!  ???

The adjustment screw on the forward left side of the sight adjusts left/right.  Turn clockwise to adjust right, counter-clockwise to adjust left.  1 click = 1 inch at 100M, 2 inches at 200, etc.

To adjust up/down, click the steel tab that represents the "200M" range setting up with your gerber, then rotate the dial right to raise, left to lower.  1 click = 1 inch at 100, etc.  Make sure you lock the tab down again when you're done, or you'll screw up your sighting every time you adjust for range.

Take a look at this book:

Service Rifle Book

the first 10 pages or so will be useful.

This is a book that I and another CF member collaborate on and update when we receive new information.

No Problem Pencil_Tech.

Just one thing I would point out. This is a living document, meaning that it is amended from time to time. In the past, people have copied it and have been lead astray with old data that was contained within older versions. Anyone can link to the document, which is the best way of ensuring that the book someone downloads is current.

I know that there have been many reservists that have downloaded this book for use in their training and the UK and USA International Shooting Teams have also used this book as a reference prior to competing in Canada.

Any changes/deletions/amendments can be emailed to me.

ENJOY!!

Back