• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Home port selection after CT

navcomm2018

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I am a NAVCOMM with an NRD, and I am planning to put in my CT within the next 6 months. I have completed my BMQ, NETP and trades qualification. I am trying to determine if I will have the option to select a home port once my CT has gone through. I have spoken with my chain of command, and to date have not gotten a clear answer. I am trying to weigh my options with my family in terms of choosing where I am hoping to be posted, and would like to know if I will even have an opportunity to request a port, or if one will be assigned.

I have also been unable to determine if I would qualify for the current recruiting bonus that is in place, or if that is only available for previously trained members who have chosen to return to the CAF. I have attempted to perform a search for both of these inquiries, my apologies if I have missed something.

Thank you in advance for any help

Unless there's been a more recent CANFORGEN (one I can find is May 2017), the only trades that have a recruitment allowance are Cook, ACISS, and Medical Officer which applies to CTs.

The RCN had its own "Come back to us" program, but this letter makes it sound like its only for ex-RegF members. https://ml-fd.caf-fac.ca/en/2018/04/12028

navcomm2018 said:
Good Afternoon,

I am a NAVCOMM with an NRD, and I am planning to put in my CT within the next 6 months. I have completed my BMQ, NETP and trades qualification. I am trying to determine if I will have the option to select a home port once my CT has gone through. I have spoken with my chain of command, and to date have not gotten a clear answer. I am trying to weigh my options with my family in terms of choosing where I am hoping to be posted, and would like to know if I will even have an opportunity to request a port, or if one will be assigned.

I have also been unable to determine if I would qualify for the current recruiting bonus that is in place, or if that is only available for previously trained members who have chosen to return to the CAF. I have attempted to perform a search for both of these inquiries, my apologies if I have missed something.

Thank you in advance for any help

Hi, you can request a coast and you probably will get it. There are signing bonus's for CT's, I just received a bonus to go over as a trained MARTECH. When you receive your offer it will list the signing bonus if you are entitled. You should be.

Back