Author Topic: Logistic Vehicle Modernization Project - Replacing everything from LUVW to SHLVW  (Read 283574 times)

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
I bet that in civy hands they have sorted out the majority of the issues in a couple of months

Offline Kat Stevens

non atrocitate, non clementia mutabatur.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
The Iveco that LS was ripper off, err based on, was quite a good vehicle. Only when it got Canadianized did it become an embarrassment. Same thing with the Iltis.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline GK .Dundas

• Rate Post
I bet that in civy hands they have sorted out the majority of the issues in a couple of months
While I'm not an automotive expert of any sort  I suspect my Provincial Highway Department is  or at least was.
Here in Manitoba a group of provincial mechanics  got their hands on a LSVW for a couple of hours and examined it .To  put it mildly they were not impressed .
The story goes that they produced a four page list of defects that had to be fixed before they would even think , think of allowing it on any road in the province. Assuming of course that it was a civilian vehicle .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 00:50:56 by GK .Dundas »
"Norman. You know my policy on arming morons.If you arm one you have arm them all. Otherwise it 's just not sporting!"