Author Topic: Trade Q&A  (Read 2544 times)

Offline FortYorkRifleman

• Donor
  • Rate Post
Trade Q&A
« on: August 11, 2015, 15:00:17 »
Since this site has several members who are current CAF personnel might I suggest a Q&A with one a week, month or whenever it can be done? For example, a Infantry NCM who can take questions from users with regards to daily routine, garrison duties, tips on how to be good Infanteers etc. Then the next week or month a MARS Officer then the next week a Armoured Officer. I feel that with so many people visiting this site along with members it would help to mitigate the amount of redundant questions asked here. The topic(s) can be stickied for those entering one of the forums.

Alternatively, you can create FAQ's where questions, both common and trade specific, can be created by a current serving member in any given trade. It can detail what a recruit must  go through to become a fully qualified tradesmen, daily duties, pay scale etc. 

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: Trade Q&A
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 16:38:38 »
Are you looking for something similar to a Reddit AMA?

Offline FortYorkRifleman

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 16:47:47 »
Are you looking for something similar to a Reddit AMA?

I wasn't familiar with AMA and looked it up and that's what I'm looking for. If something similar were to be done here it would be great

Offline luttrellfan

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 20:30:11 »
I think it would be a good idea. I've been trying to find someone who's a Weapons Technician-Land, and hopefully pick their brain about life in that trade.
Man, if you knew how short life was and how fast it can be snatched away from you, you wouldn’t waste one second doing anything that didn’t bring you absolute enjoyment. Period!
-   Marcus Luttrell

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• "Look, I don't know if shooting penguins will help the environment or not. But I do know that the decision shouldn't be in the hands of people who just wanna kill for fun."
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
-P.J. O’Rouke-

DISCLAIMER - my opinion may cause manginal irritation.